Shakib-Mushfiq named in Guardian’s test XI of the year
Published: 04:48 PM, 27 December 2017 Updated: 10:18 AM, 28 December 2017
Bangladesh’s achievement in Test cricket 2017 is not so good, but historic test wins against Sri Lanka and beat Australia in home venue were certainly commendable feats.
Showing brilliant performance in those 12 months, Sakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim took place in UK-based British newspaper the Guardian’s best Test squad for the year 2017.
Due to show a great batting performance in New Zealand, Shakib took place in the Guardian’s Test XI. Though Shakib’s performance in that innings was important, but in Guardian’s eye his innings against Aussie in home venue was brilliant. His all-rounder performance brings historical victory over Aussie team.
`Mr Dependable` of tiger cricket Mushfiq, became the highest Bangladeshi run scorer of the year with 766 runs with an average of 54.71. The Guardian’s praised his excellent batting display in Wellington and scored 127 in India. Besides, 12 wickets were dismissed after being trapped under his gloves while 2 others became run-out by his stampings.
Everyone hopes that in the New Year Shakib-Mushfiq performance will continue. Now Shakib is the test captain of the Bangladesh Cricket Team.
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- Probe report against 15 M’singh razakars released
- Another dengue patient die in Dhaka
- 3 cricketers injured in collision with bus in Savar
- Imam’s slit-throat body found in Mosque
- PM opens ‘Gangchil’
- Nepal bans single use plastics on Everest region
- 3 killed as two buses collide in Thakurgaon
- Another man dies of dengue in Barishal
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter