Shakib-Mushfiq in CrickInfo`s best Test XI of 2017
Published: 01:20 PM, 4 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Popular sports news website ESPNcricinfo has put out their best Test eleven of 2017 in which two Bangladeshi performers Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim have made their places in the list.
Eariler, Shakib and Mushfiq have got the place in prestigious English publisher the Guardian`s and Cricket Australia`s Test XI of the year.
The year 2017 was not the best year for Bangladesh cricket team. Their biggest achievement in the year was two Test wins against Sri Lanka and Australia.
However, Shakib-Mushfiq was very bright in their personal skill throughout the year and these two stars are being rewarded for their accomplishment.
Cricinfo also made a Test XI by selecting the best Test player of the year like the Guardian and Cricket Australia. Virat Kohli, Steven Smith, Dean Elgar, David Warner, Kagiso Rabada have got the place in the eleventh.
Team Captain is Steven Smith, Shakib was picked as the specialist all-rounder in the squad. At the beginning of 2017, his 217 against New Zealand placed him in the Cricinfo`s Test XI 2017.
It is difficult to say whether or not Cricinfo has emphasized his highest innings for Bangladesh in Tests like the Guardian in the year 2017. However, according to Cricinfo, they kept the pace ahead of Shakib. He scored 665 runs in 7 Tests at 47.5 average and took 29 wickets.
Mushfiq has played an important role as a batsman in Test squad as well as wicket-keeper. So he got the opportunity as a wicketkeeper-batsman in the CrickInfo Test Team of the Year.
Mushfiq, who missed the Test captaincy in December last year, scored the highest run for Bangladesh in Tests 766 runs at 54.71 average, as well as 12 catches and two stampings. The right-handed batsman scored 159 runs in Wellington against Test against New Zealand. He also scored 127 runs against in the only test match against India.
Although 2017, the team`s success was less, Shakib-Mushfiq`s performance was splendid. These achievements will surely inspire them to play a better role in the new year.
CrickInfo`s Test Player of the Year
Dean Elgar, David Warner, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Steve Smith (Captain), Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Nathan Lion, Kagiso Rada, James Anderson and Neil Wagner.
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- Probe report against 15 M’singh razakars released
- Another dengue patient die in Dhaka
- 3 cricketers injured in collision with bus in Savar
- Imam’s slit-throat body found in Mosque
- PM opens ‘Gangchil’
- Nepal bans single use plastics on Everest region
- 3 killed as two buses collide in Thakurgaon
- Another man dies of dengue in Barishal
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter