Shakib-Mushfiq in CrickInfo`s best Test XI of 2017
Published: 01:20 PM, 4 January 2018
Popular sports news website ESPNcricinfo has put out their best Test eleven of 2017 in which two Bangladeshi performers Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim have made their places in the list.
Eariler, Shakib and Mushfiq have got the place in prestigious English publisher the Guardian`s and Cricket Australia`s Test XI of the year.
The year 2017 was not the best year for Bangladesh cricket team. Their biggest achievement in the year was two Test wins against Sri Lanka and Australia.
However, Shakib-Mushfiq was very bright in their personal skill throughout the year and these two stars are being rewarded for their accomplishment.
Cricinfo also made a Test XI by selecting the best Test player of the year like the Guardian and Cricket Australia. Virat Kohli, Steven Smith, Dean Elgar, David Warner, Kagiso Rabada have got the place in the eleventh.
Team Captain is Steven Smith, Shakib was picked as the specialist all-rounder in the squad. At the beginning of 2017, his 217 against New Zealand placed him in the Cricinfo`s Test XI 2017.
It is difficult to say whether or not Cricinfo has emphasized his highest innings for Bangladesh in Tests like the Guardian in the year 2017. However, according to Cricinfo, they kept the pace ahead of Shakib. He scored 665 runs in 7 Tests at 47.5 average and took 29 wickets.
Mushfiq has played an important role as a batsman in Test squad as well as wicket-keeper. So he got the opportunity as a wicketkeeper-batsman in the CrickInfo Test Team of the Year.
Mushfiq, who missed the Test captaincy in December last year, scored the highest run for Bangladesh in Tests 766 runs at 54.71 average, as well as 12 catches and two stampings. The right-handed batsman scored 159 runs in Wellington against Test against New Zealand. He also scored 127 runs against in the only test match against India.
Although 2017, the team`s success was less, Shakib-Mushfiq`s performance was splendid. These achievements will surely inspire them to play a better role in the new year.
CrickInfo`s Test Player of the Year
Dean Elgar, David Warner, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Steve Smith (Captain), Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Nathan Lion, Kagiso Rada, James Anderson and Neil Wagner.
- Made in Bangladesh’ expo in Qatar from Jan 28
- Telenor drops Huawei for Ericsson in 5G contract
- Boucher named South Africa head coach
- Queen Elizabeth looking for social media expert
- Homemade natural ‘Body Lotion’
- Sylhet Thunder’s losing streak continues in BBPL
- Six essential tips for bride
- ERC condemns Suu Kyi
- Salah double seals Liverpool win over Watford
- Zia was Moshtaque’s most trusted man: PM
- Traffic direction for Dhaka bound vehicles on Dec 16
- Razakars list to be released Sunday
- RAB-10 detained 2 with Yaba
- Security beefed up for Victory Day celebration
- Victory day traffic guidelines in capital
- Fire erupting from manhole in Dhaka
- No player will be forced to tour Pakistan: Papon
- ‘Stern curbing if chaos created for Khaleda’s bail’
- Bangladesh satisfies over Gambia’s efforts
- Three dead in Nepal bomb blast
- Navy ships to remain open for all on Victory Day
- PIB organizes dialogues on women and children
- Sabina Yasmin’s new song on Victory Day
- 2 arrested with 6 stolen CNG auto-rickshaws
- Martyr intellectuals showed us the way: Humayun
- JaPa paid homage to martyred intellectuals
- Riyad hails Shakib as a ‘player of one generation’
- China’s 5G handsets shipments top 5 mln in November
- AL pays homage to martyred intellectuals
- Saudi strives to develop secrete relations with Iran; reports WSJ
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash