Shahriar Alam`s Facebook account hacked
Published: 03:46 PM, 24 April 2018
Bangladesh State Minister for Foreign Affairs Mohammed Shahriar Alam on Tuesday claimed that his Facebook account was hacked last night.
A post in connection to BNP acting chairman Tarique Rahman "surrendering his passport" was deleted from his FB profile wall, Shahriar Alam said in a latest post this morning.
"My Facebook went through torture the whole night. Hacking. Post disappeared. You can understand who has invested in it," Shahriar Alam writes in the very latest post.
Last night, the state minister on the wall of his unverified Facebook profile posted images of Tarique`s passport and a copy of an application on submission of the passport to the British Home Office.
Earlier on the same night, Shahriar Alam told reporters at a press briefing at his Gulshan residence, "Had (Tarique) he wanted renewal of passport or extension of validity, he would have handed it over to Bangladesh High Commission in the UK. But, he submitted it to the British Home Office. What does it mean? As a political person, I think, it`s the refusal of nationality."
While addressing a reception hosted by the UK Awami League in honour of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in London on Sunday, Shahriar had said Tarique, living in London, gave up his nationality by handing over his Bangladesh passport to the UK Home Office almost four years ago.
The UK Home Office sent his passport to the Bangladesh High Commission, he added.
Tarique yesterday sent a legal notice to Shahriar asking him to prove by 10 days his remark that he has relinquished his nationality by submitting Bangladeshi passport.
Or else, the BNP leader threatened to file both criminal and civil cases against Shahriar Alam.
On behalf of Tarique, BNP law affairs secretary Barrister Kaiser Kamal sent the notice by post to the Foreign Ministry`s address.
BNP also protested the state minister`s comment and challenged the Bangladesh High Commission to show Tarique Rahman`s Bangladeshi passport if he submitted it.
Tarique Rahman, facing over a dozen of cases, was sentenced to seven years` imprisonment and fined Tk 20 crore by the High Court in a money laundering case in 2016.
He was also convicted along with his mother Khaleda Zia in the Zia Orphanage Trust corruption case where he was sentenced to 10 years` rigorous imprisonment and fined Tk 2.10 crore.
- Healthy newborn to coronavirus infected parents
- 34 more people tested for Coronavirus infection in Chattogram
- Coronavirus epidemic: Death toll surging to 65,000
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- BGMEA urges owners to shut factories until Apr 11
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Sehri and Iftar schedule revealed for upcoming Ramadan
- Coronavirus testing lab to be set-up in Cumilla
- 33 houses under lockdown in Shariatpur
- Madhukhali couple tested negative for coronavirus
- 2 Monipuri families under home quarantine
- Another woman in Gaibandha tests positive for coronavirus
- MP stands beside 800 families in Jamaganj
- Lightning kills 3 in Maheshkhali
- ‘Coronavirus test will be added to all medical college hospital’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- 2 RMG workers killed in Mymensingh road crash
- 1 killed, 15 injured in Brahmanbaria clash
- 8 types of coronavirus spread around the world
- Three physicians among 23 quarantined in Chattogram
- Call for Shab-e-Barat prayers at home
- Former Barcelona defender Carlos infected with coronavirus
- U-17 Women`s World Cup postponed
- Maximum 5pc LC margin for baby food import
- Coronavirus death surpasses 60,000
- China remembers coronavirus victims
- Shakib returns to family after completing quarantine
- WB to provide Tk 850 crore to Bangladesh
- Actor Javed undergoes successful surgery
- All News »
- School holiday draws to Eid
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- England plans to return field by early May
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- Kurmitola Hospital to treat coronavirus patients only
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- 4 held in Saudi for claiming corona is ‘punishment from Allah’
- Army to go tough from today
- Edu Minister for continue students’ studies at home
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- Comedian Ken Shimura died of coronavirus
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- No new coronavirus case detected in last 24 hrs: IEDCR
- Infant, younger than a year dies of coronavirus
- Construction work of Akij’s corona hospital resumed
- Corona epidemic: Spain record 821 more deaths in a day
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Coronavirus case rises to 49 in country
- Corona death climbs to 30,879, cases over .66m
- Citywide quarantine in Moscow
- What Trudeau’s wife says after healing from coronavirus
- US coronavirus death toll surpasses 2,000
- ‘Swapnataru’ comes forward in coronavirus crisis