Shadman, Shakib fifties put Tigers 315/8 at stumps on Day 1
Published: 05:14 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 08:13 PM, 30 November 2018
Shakib Al Hasan’s fifty and Mahmudullah’s steady batting help to retain in a strong position as Tigers scored 259 runs by losing 5 wickets at the end of the first day of the second test against West Indies in at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur on Friday.
Shakib [55*runs in 113 balls]and Mahmudullah [31* runs in 59 balls] were in the crease at the end of the first day.
From the Windies side, Devendra Bishoo took two wickets and Kemar Roach, Roston Chase, Shermon Lewis took one wicket each.
Having won the toss Bangladesh skipper Shakib Al Hasan decided to bat and the Tigers lost their first wicket in the morning season as Soumya Sarkar fell to off break spinner Roston Chase. Soumya scores 19 runs.
Meanwhile, left-handed debutant Shadman Islam struck a solid 76 off 199 to propel Bangladesh to 176 runs at the tea break.
The left-hander failed to face a delivery of Devendra Bishoo which was bowled round the wicket. Shadman played down the wrong line and failed to connect the ball. Before Shadman, Bangladesh lost Mohammad Mithun who added 29 runs on the board. He was the first victim of Devendra Bishoo.
In the first session of the match, Bangladesh added 87 losing the wickets of Soumya Sarkar and Mominul Haque. While Soumya got dismissed off a delivery of Roston Chase, Mominul lost his wicket just one delivery before lunch.
Before getting dismissed off a short delivery of Kemar Roach, Mominul was making Bangladesh fan hopeful for a successful first session, but disappointed to maintain the good start as he fell on 29 off 46 deliveries.
Earlier, Tigers came into this match with two changes to the playing XI as they dropped Imrul Kayes and Mustafizur Rahman. While Imrul was ruled out for injury and 23-year-old opener Shadman Islam replaced him, Mustafizur is overlooked by the team management to make a way for Liton Das.
The Tigers made history heading into this Test without a frontline seamer for the first time. To take the full advantage of the typical Dhaka wicket, they have gone for an all-spin attack.
West Indies made one change keeping Shannon Gabriel out of the playing XI as he suspended for his demerit points reaching to five. They have included right-arm seamer Shermon Lewis as the replacement for him.
Bangladesh 1st innings:
259/5; Shadman Islam 76, Mominul Haque 29, Mohammad Mithun 29, Shakib Al Hasan 55*, Mahmudullah 31*; Devendra Bishoo 69/2, Kemar Roach 38/1, Roston Chase 61/1, Shermon Lewis 35/1.
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- How you can identify ‘Appendix’ pain!
- Salah donates Tk 25 cr for cancer institute
- Suarez joins Messi on Barca treatment table
- Drug dealer held in Mathbaria
- Schools adorned with national flag painting
- Poet Shamsur Rahman’s 13th death anniv today
- Today`s sports on TV
- India’s unilateral decision is not valid: China in UNSC
- Two suspected robbers lynched in Pabna
- Return hajj flights start today
- Indian FM to Dhaka on Monday
- 4 killed in bus-private car collision
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Global stocks choppy amid angst over trade war, bond yields
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- Mirpur slum fire doused