Shadman, Shakib fifties put Tigers 315/8 at stumps on Day 1
Published: 05:14 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 08:13 PM, 30 November 2018
Shakib Al Hasan’s fifty and Mahmudullah’s steady batting help to retain in a strong position as Tigers scored 259 runs by losing 5 wickets at the end of the first day of the second test against West Indies in at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur on Friday.
Shakib [55*runs in 113 balls]and Mahmudullah [31* runs in 59 balls] were in the crease at the end of the first day.
From the Windies side, Devendra Bishoo took two wickets and Kemar Roach, Roston Chase, Shermon Lewis took one wicket each.
Having won the toss Bangladesh skipper Shakib Al Hasan decided to bat and the Tigers lost their first wicket in the morning season as Soumya Sarkar fell to off break spinner Roston Chase. Soumya scores 19 runs.
Meanwhile, left-handed debutant Shadman Islam struck a solid 76 off 199 to propel Bangladesh to 176 runs at the tea break.
The left-hander failed to face a delivery of Devendra Bishoo which was bowled round the wicket. Shadman played down the wrong line and failed to connect the ball. Before Shadman, Bangladesh lost Mohammad Mithun who added 29 runs on the board. He was the first victim of Devendra Bishoo.
In the first session of the match, Bangladesh added 87 losing the wickets of Soumya Sarkar and Mominul Haque. While Soumya got dismissed off a delivery of Roston Chase, Mominul lost his wicket just one delivery before lunch.
Before getting dismissed off a short delivery of Kemar Roach, Mominul was making Bangladesh fan hopeful for a successful first session, but disappointed to maintain the good start as he fell on 29 off 46 deliveries.
Earlier, Tigers came into this match with two changes to the playing XI as they dropped Imrul Kayes and Mustafizur Rahman. While Imrul was ruled out for injury and 23-year-old opener Shadman Islam replaced him, Mustafizur is overlooked by the team management to make a way for Liton Das.
The Tigers made history heading into this Test without a frontline seamer for the first time. To take the full advantage of the typical Dhaka wicket, they have gone for an all-spin attack.
West Indies made one change keeping Shannon Gabriel out of the playing XI as he suspended for his demerit points reaching to five. They have included right-arm seamer Shermon Lewis as the replacement for him.
Bangladesh 1st innings:
259/5; Shadman Islam 76, Mominul Haque 29, Mohammad Mithun 29, Shakib Al Hasan 55*, Mahmudullah 31*; Devendra Bishoo 69/2, Kemar Roach 38/1, Roston Chase 61/1, Shermon Lewis 35/1.
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- Nusrat murder: Shamim on 3-day remand
- Farm equipment subsidies will be extended: Ag Minister
- Nusrat murder: Ruhul Amin sent to jail
- BNP calls Zahidur a `mass enemy`
- Stop antibiotic sale without prescription: HC to govt
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- 76 bridges changes daily life
- Uncle-nephew possessed the school
- Nissan ex-boss Ghosn granted $4.5m bail
- Joe Biden launches 2020 presidential bid
- HC seeks report on mobile tower radiation
- Spicy raw mango juice in summer
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM returns home tomorrow
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor