Sexual Harassment in Turag Bus: 3 on remand
Published: 07:09 PM, 24 April 2018
A court here has granted a three days remand of three bus workers arrested for trying to Sexual harassment of Uttara University student.
Metropolitan Magistrate Golam Nabi passed the order after Gulshan Police Station requested to ask for remand against three convicted.
The three convicted are the bus driver Roman, bus supervisor Monir, Helper Nayan. All of them are workers of Turag Paribahan.
Gulshan Police Station sub-inspector (SI) Taposh Kumar Ojha presented the petition to the court for seven-day remand. It is said in the petition that the bus Helper Nayan and driver Roman used slang language as well as sexually harassing the university student.
Taposh Kumar also said they were arrested for collecting CC footage. It is important to interrogate them to reveal the mystery of the incident. But Roman and Nayon said they were not involved in such incidents.
Iqbal Hossain and Hatem Ali of the convicted lawyers have called this case as a false case.
Roman, Monir and Nayon were arrested from Sayedabad in the capital on Monday afternoon.
The student of Uttara University alleged that the driver of Turag Paribahan and his assistant tried to sexually harass her and she came out of their grip on the tactics.
The victim`s husband filed a case with Gulshan Police Station on Sunday afternoon.
After the incident was reported to the students, the students protested against the sexual harassment of a university student to the streets and show demo against the authorities of Turag Paribahan. At that time, they took the keys of the buses and stopped the bus movement of Turag Paribahan.
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today