Sexual Harassment in Turag Bus: 3 on remand
Published: 07:09 PM, 24 April 2018
A court here has granted a three days remand of three bus workers arrested for trying to Sexual harassment of Uttara University student.
Metropolitan Magistrate Golam Nabi passed the order after Gulshan Police Station requested to ask for remand against three convicted.
The three convicted are the bus driver Roman, bus supervisor Monir, Helper Nayan. All of them are workers of Turag Paribahan.
Gulshan Police Station sub-inspector (SI) Taposh Kumar Ojha presented the petition to the court for seven-day remand. It is said in the petition that the bus Helper Nayan and driver Roman used slang language as well as sexually harassing the university student.
Taposh Kumar also said they were arrested for collecting CC footage. It is important to interrogate them to reveal the mystery of the incident. But Roman and Nayon said they were not involved in such incidents.
Iqbal Hossain and Hatem Ali of the convicted lawyers have called this case as a false case.
Roman, Monir and Nayon were arrested from Sayedabad in the capital on Monday afternoon.
The student of Uttara University alleged that the driver of Turag Paribahan and his assistant tried to sexually harass her and she came out of their grip on the tactics.
The victim`s husband filed a case with Gulshan Police Station on Sunday afternoon.
After the incident was reported to the students, the students protested against the sexual harassment of a university student to the streets and show demo against the authorities of Turag Paribahan. At that time, they took the keys of the buses and stopped the bus movement of Turag Paribahan.
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties