Seven ‘media boss’ in cabinet
Published: 08:57 PM, 6 January 2019 Updated: 09:04 PM, 6 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
There are seven media bosses have been included in the new cabinet of the 11th Jatiya Sangsad; three full ministers, three state ministers and one deputy minister.
On Sunday Afternoon, the names of new ministers, state ministers and deputy ministers including respective ministries have been announced.
They are; the local government, rural development and cooperatives minister, Tajul Islam. He has been elected from Comilla-9 constituency. Md. Tajul Islam is the owner of Daily ‘Protidiner Songbad’.
Golam Dastagir Gazi is another media boss in the newly selected cabinet while given the responsibility of the Ministry of Textile and Jute. He is elected from Narayanganj 1 seat. He is the president of several media organizations. Gazi has owned GTV, Sarabangla (online magazine), and Daily Sarbangla (under publication).
Meanwhile, SM Rezaul Karim was elected from Pirojpur-1 constituency. He got the responsibility of the Ministry of Housing and Public Works. He is the chief of a daily named ‘Ajker Darpan’.
Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury has been selected as the State Minister of the Ministry of Shipping. He has been elected from Dinajpur-2 constituency. A TV named ‘Rangdhanu’ got approval in his ownership.
Md Shahriyaya Alam is the owner of ‘Duranta TV’. He has been appointed as State Minister for Foreign Affairs. He is elected from Rajshahi-6 constituency.
Kamal Ahmed Majumder has been selected as the state minister of ‘Industries’ ministry. He is the owner of Mohona TV. Kamal Ahmed Majumder is elected from Dhaka-15.
Besides, Mahibul Hasan Chowdhury has been selected as the deputy Minister of the Education ministry. He has been elected from Chittagong-9 constituency. 'Vijay TV' is in his ownership.
There are 25 Ministers including PM, 19 State Ministers and 3 Deputy Ministers have been made in the 11th Parliament.
- ‘Bamboo’ in Rail Bridge
- Rifat died of six deep wounds: physician
- Dustbin at hospital’s entrance
- Rifat’s body on way to Barguna
- HM declares stern action against Rifat’s killers
- ‘Bangabandhu struggled whole life for two purposes’
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Issue alert on boarder: HC to IGP
- Rohit falls early as India bat first
- Hackers steal data from telecoms: cyber firm
- Rural women making own fortune in Rangpur region
- Temperature may fall further
- New Silex malware bricks 2000 plus IoT devices
- Deputy Attorney Generals appointed before 2017 asked to resign
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- Rape accused killed in Sitakunda gunfight
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Mahbubur to die for killing Ranada Prasad Shaha
- How US aggressively flexed its cyber warfare powers under Trump
- US carried out cyberattacks on Iran: reports
- UN warns of telecom blackout cover for Myanmar military abuses
- Verdict on Ranada Prasad Shaha murder case today
- Say Alhamdulillah
- Young hacked to death for a hundred bucks
- Clean tech fair begins promoting environment friendly metals
- Balakot air strikes planner new R&AW chief now
- Gayle confirms retirement plans are on hold
- Democrats seeks $4.5bn aid for boarder migrants
- Nusrat murder case: Death threat to witnesses
- Two youth electrocuted in Bogura
- All News »
- General Aziz - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Say Alhamdulillah
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- Female UP member hacked to death in N’ganj
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Malaysia calls for ‘justice’ for Rohingyas
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Fire at Cumilla EPZ
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Primary recruit exam: 6 held over fake question trafficking
- ‘King of Pop’ Michael’s 10th death anniv today
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Heartbreaking photo of dead migrants stirs outrage