Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
Published: 05:51 PM, 19 June 2019 Updated: 05:54 PM, 19 June 2019
Iqbal Hasan Mahmud Tuku(left) and Selima Rahman, File Photo
After over three years of the party’s national council, Selima Rahman and Iqbal Hasan Mahmud Tuku have been made BNP’s standing committee members.
Party’s senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi came up with the announcement at a press conference at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office on Wednesday.
“Our party’s different committees were reconstituted after our council, and some posts remained vacant in the national standing committee. Our some senior leaders also died by the time. Two of our leaders have been appointed in the vacant posts of the standing committee,” he said.
After BNP’s council on March 19, 2016, the party announced the names of 17 standing committee members out of 19 posts of the party’s highest policy making body.
Selima Rahman and Iqbal Hassan Mahmud were made vice-chairmen at that time.
Of the 17-stading committee members, ASM Hannan Shah, MK Anwar and Tariqul Islam died at different times.
With the appointment of the duo, the total number of the BNP standing committee members now has risen to 16.
They are Khaleda Zia, Tarique Rahman, Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain, Moudud Ahmed, Jamiruddin Sircar, Mahbubur Rahman, Rafiqul Islam Miah, Mirza Abbas, Gayeshwar Chandra Roy, Dr Abdul Moyeen Khan, Nazrul Islam Khan, Amir Khosru Mahmud Chowdhury, Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir and Salahuddin Ahmed, Selima Rahman and Iqbal Hasan Mahmud Tuku.
There was a speculation that BNP vice chairmen Abdullah Al Noman and Hafizuddin Ahmed would be included in the standing committee.
Party insiders said the leaders and activists loyal to the duo got disappointed as Noman and Hafiz were overlooked this time, too.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC