Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
Published: 01:28 PM, 26 March 2020
Police are working to prevent public gatherings and ensuring that people do not go out unnecessarily to prevent the coronavirus that is spread worldwide. The army is also on the field.
Police have taken control of all areas of Dhaka city since Thursday morning. People are being questioned by the police if anyone goes out on the street without emergency.
However, emergency services, including newspapers, remain unaffected.
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Commissioner Shafiqul Islam told the media that police are working to ensure that nobody could go outside unless an emergency. “But those who need to go out urgently can go without being feared.”
Police sources said police officers had met with army officers at various phases over the situation. Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Javed Patwari directed the officers through a video conference on Wednesday. He later told to ensure that people cannot go out on the streets from Thursday.
Meanwhile, the armed forces have started working to maintain social distance from Tuesday. Armed forces are patrolling the streets. They are going to different areas to ensure the quarantine of citizens.
Noted that the death toll from the pandemic coronavirus has risen to 21,302. The number of affected is 472,037, of them - 114,714 recovered after treatment. The virus has spread to 198 countries and regions of the world.
In Bangladesh, five lost lives over coronavirus with 39 confirmed cases and seven people recovered after treatment.
- Producer Mozammel Haque Sarker dies
- Keep your mouth shut: Police Chief advises Trump
- Biman cancels flights for passenger crisis
- Stolen Tk60 lakh of National Bank recovered
- ‘Ultimate repercussion’ if US hurt China’s interests
- BNP office fluxed of banner-festoon; neither activity, no activist
- Smith not to play in Aus ‘due to IPL’ if necessary
- Child among 4 another contracted COVID-19 in Nandail
- Light rain likely at many places
- Schoolgirl committed suicide for unable to see Star Jalsha serial
- Raw turmeric to boost immunity
- New Ebola outbreak in Congo amid coronavirus
- WHO will continue to cooperate with the United States
- Hearing on writ challenging bus fare hike today
- Today’s Sports on TV
- Raj Kapoor’s death anniversay today
- Lip shape helps to understand your partner behavior!
- 16 more contracted coronavirus in Feni
- Mother died to stop daughters’ quarrel in Barishal
- Coronavirus situation getting worse in Mumbai
- Child’s floating body recovered in Kushtia
- First ever virtual ECNEC meeting today
- Spain records zero deaths in last 24 hours
- George Floyd died of asphyxia
- 4 more tested COVID-19 positive at Domar
- Sylhet reports 49 fresh coronavirus cases
- COVID-19 cases in Chattogram exceed 3,000
- 2 individuals fined Tk 28 lakh for cutting hill in Chattogram
- Moscow eases lockdown despite infections continue to rise
- 4 more tested coronavirus positive in Jamalpur
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000