Security covers whole country
Published: 09:09 PM, 28 December 2018 Updated: 09:09 PM, 28 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
One day left to 11th national elections. Ending all discussion and criticism, the nation is to meet the vote on Sunday. Members of all law enforcer agencies are working to cover the country in a security shadow front of the vote festival. One thousand 16 Platoons BGB members have been deployed across the country.
Armed forces are on duty in 407 upazilas across the country. Of them, the army for 389 upazilas and the Navy will patrol in 18 upazilas. Earlier, the elite force RAB, police and Ansar have been playing in the field, according to the directive of the Election Commission, sources informed. In all, about 6 lakh members of the law enforcing agencies are working relentlessly in the field to hold the election properly.
Additional activities of the law enforcing agencies, including the RAB and police check posts, were noticed from Friday morning in the capital. The army is seen to patrol the capital. The capital has already been surrounded by the security cover for the parliamentary elections. In different areas, special check posts were installed outside the police check post. RAB check posts have also been set up with the police to strengthen security.
Election campaign ended although poster-banner in different areas of the capital has been seen yet.
Not only the capital, but the whole country has been covered in tight security coat responding elections. Almost 10 thousand RAB personnel have been deployed in security concern. The members of other law enforcers are working equally in coordination with the police.
Meanwhile, preparations for the Jatiya Sangsad election are going on throughout the country. Security measures have been strengthened at the election centers. Law enforcement forces patrol in the important points to avoid violence. In front of the parliamentary elections, 637 officers of the administration cadre have been appointed as executive magistrates with the power to conduct mobile courts. They will be responsible for protecting the law and order in the electoral areas as well as preventing crimes related to crime prevention and violation of election code of conduct.
Election Commission officials said the EC has planned to deploy 14 people, including a policeman, in a general area polling station, 15 people, including three policemen in the metropolitan area, and 14 members, including two policemen in remote and coastal polling stations. Members of RAB, BGB, Coast Guard and Armed Police Battalion will be patrolled as mobile and striking force.
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Priya`s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Tamim to lead Tigers in SL tour
- PM reaches London
- Mashrafe rule out of Sri Lanka tour
- Jamuna devours over 300 houses
- Municipal services halted in Mathbaria, extreme sufferings
- Kid drowns in Gabindaganj floodwater
- AL to hold joint meeting Saturday
- Minni sent to jail
- PM to join envoys’ conference in London tomorrow
- Tendulkar inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- ‘All must come forward to destroy Aedes mosquitoes origin’
- `Study in India` fair starts in Dhaka
- Cricket is not a sport: Russia
- ICC introduces new rule on substitute player
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- Magnitude 5.5 quake jolts Bangladesh
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- 3 more bodies recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach