Secret Book on Trump
Published: 02:37 PM, 8 November 2019 Updated: 02:38 PM, 8 November 2019
A forthcoming book by an anonymous author identified only as "a senior official in the Trump administration" describes President Donald Trump as volatile, incompetent and unfit to be commander in chief, according to excerpts published Thursday by The Washington Post.
The book describes racist and misogynist behind-the-scenes statements by Trump and says he "stumbles, slurs, gets confused, is easily irritated, and has trouble synthesizing information."
The Post acquired a copy of the book, "A Warning," and first reported on its contents Thursday.
White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham released a statement late Thursday saying, "The coward who wrote this book didn't put their name on it because it is nothing but lies."
She said reporters should "cover the book as what it is — a work of fiction."
In the book, due out Nov. 19, the writer claims senior administration officials considered resigning as a group last year in a "midnight self-massacre," but ultimately decided such an act would do more harm than good.
On Monday, the Justice Department sent a letter to the book's publisher and the writer's literary agency, raising questions over whether any confidentiality agreement had been violated and asking for information that could help reveal the author's identity.
The publisher, Hachette Book Group, responded by saying it would provide no additional information beyond calling the author a "current or former senior official."
"A Warning" was written by the official who wrote an essay, published last year in The New York Times, alleging that numerous people in the government were resisting the "misguided impulses" of Trump.
According to the Post, the author now writes, "Unelected bureaucrats and cabinet appointees were never going to steer Donald Trump the right direction in the long run or refine his malignant management style. He is who he is."
- BUET deadlock in 38th day: Session-trap fear upturns
- Now Chattala Express survives deadly crash
- 70 years old man dies in Hong Kong Protest
- Israel strikes again on Gaza breaching ceasefire
- Delightful 2nd day of Dhaka Int’l Folk fest today
- Katrina-Vicky secret photos leaked
- People mistakenly thought Toilet as Temple
- India takes lead over Bangladesh
- Australian bushfires raze over 250 homes
- 1 onion remedy for 4 health issues
- Shakib flys to Saudi, not USA!
- Rohingya drug dealer killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Way to cook without onions
- Today’s sport on TV
- Swift says AMAs perform in jeopardy over music dispute
- Amazon appeals $10B Pentagon contract won by Microsoft
- 2 killed in California school shooting
- 7.1 magnitude quake jolts Indonesia
- Hollywood’s Rock dies
- 3 instruments likely to be signed in PM’s Dubai visit
- Motorola flips for its futuristic foldable phone
- Suu Kyi named in Argentine lawsuit
- Incentives to produce light machinery
- Folk Fest 2019 kicks off
- ‘Iti Tomari Dhaka’ to release tomorrow
- Headmaster suspended for student’s injury
- ICC to probe into Rohingya genocide
- Nepal emerge champions with all-win record
- NASA`s rover to hunt for microscopic fossils on Mars
- Banana twisted with mosquito coils, storehouse sealed
- All News »
- Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- Monday’s JSC, JDC exams postponed
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- 345 shelter centers open at Noakhali
- Two dead, 150 homes lost in Australia bushfires
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Navy Contingents with 10 warships ready to deal with ‘Bulbul’
- Tomorrow’s JSC, JDC exams rescheduled
- Ram Mandir to be built in Babri Masjid’s land: Indian SC
- Govt prepared to face ‘Bulbul’: Enamur
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’: 10 injured after 7 houses collapsed in Bhola
- Bulbul hits Kolkata, Kills 1
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Body of Badal arrives this evening
- Flight operations suspended at 4 airports
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- Gambia files case against Myanmar at UN court
- Dreadful ‘Bulbul’ near Sundarbans
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- 9 districts that will come under signal 10
- Bulbul to cross Satkhira early Sunday
- Tuesday’s JSC-JDC exam suspended