Seat-sharing issue to be settled after scrutiny: Fakhrul
Published: 07:41 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:16 PM, 27 November 2018
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said they will settle the seat-sharing issue with the partners of Jatiya Oikyafront after the scrutiny of nomination papers.
Talking to reporters at BNP Chairperson’s Gulshan office on Tuesday, he, however, said they have already completed the seat-sharing process with their partners from the 20-party alliance.
“We’ve given the nomination to 800 leaders from our party. We’ve also nominated some leaders from the partners of the 20-party alliance,” the BNP leader said.
He said components of the Oikyafront are giving nomination independently to their candidates. “Once the scrutiny is over, we’ll settle the seat-sharing issue with them.”
Replying to a query about how many seats they have shared with their 20-party alliance partners, Fakhrul declined to disclose any specific number, saying it will be around 15.
About the seat-sharing with Oikyafront, he said they will decide it later after discussions.
Responding to another question, the BNP leader said they will not share more than 60 seats with their all alliance partners.
A BNP leader, wishing anonymity, said their party is going to share seats with Jamaat-e-Islami, BJP, Bangladesh Khelafat Majlish, LDP, Jatiya Party (Zafar), Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam, NPP, Labour Party and Samyabadi Dal among the 20-party alliance partners.
However, a Jamaat leader claimed that BNP is going to share nearly 25 seats with them.
The last date for the submission of nomination papers is November 28 (Wednesday). All the candidates must submit the nomination papers by the deadline to contest the general election slated for December 30.
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- Nusrat murder: Shamim on 3-day remand
- Farm equipment subsidies will be extended: Ag Minister
- Nusrat murder: Ruhul Amin sent to jail
- BNP calls Zahidur a `mass enemy`
- Stop antibiotic sale without prescription: HC to govt
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- 76 bridges changes daily life
- Uncle-nephew possessed the school
- Nissan ex-boss Ghosn granted $4.5m bail
- Joe Biden launches 2020 presidential bid
- HC seeks report on mobile tower radiation
- Spicy raw mango juice in summer
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM returns home tomorrow
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor