Seat-sharing issue to be settled after scrutiny: Fakhrul
Published: 07:41 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:16 PM, 27 November 2018
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said they will settle the seat-sharing issue with the partners of Jatiya Oikyafront after the scrutiny of nomination papers.
Talking to reporters at BNP Chairperson’s Gulshan office on Tuesday, he, however, said they have already completed the seat-sharing process with their partners from the 20-party alliance.
“We’ve given the nomination to 800 leaders from our party. We’ve also nominated some leaders from the partners of the 20-party alliance,” the BNP leader said.
He said components of the Oikyafront are giving nomination independently to their candidates. “Once the scrutiny is over, we’ll settle the seat-sharing issue with them.”
Replying to a query about how many seats they have shared with their 20-party alliance partners, Fakhrul declined to disclose any specific number, saying it will be around 15.
About the seat-sharing with Oikyafront, he said they will decide it later after discussions.
Responding to another question, the BNP leader said they will not share more than 60 seats with their all alliance partners.
A BNP leader, wishing anonymity, said their party is going to share seats with Jamaat-e-Islami, BJP, Bangladesh Khelafat Majlish, LDP, Jatiya Party (Zafar), Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam, NPP, Labour Party and Samyabadi Dal among the 20-party alliance partners.
However, a Jamaat leader claimed that BNP is going to share nearly 25 seats with them.
The last date for the submission of nomination papers is November 28 (Wednesday). All the candidates must submit the nomination papers by the deadline to contest the general election slated for December 30.
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Marcelo lost his place due to bad display against Barca
- Reza directs CDA to gear up projects to improve services
- US Treasury Sec Mnuchin calls China trade talks `productive`
- Spanish PM calls snap polls after budget defeat
- PM leaves for Abu Dhabi tonight
- Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler, dies at 77
- `Acquire knowledge on literature`
- CTTC arrested two JMB men
- BCC receives two int’l awards
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Heroic Perera ton helps Sri Lanka to thrilling victory
- `Runa Laila` with new song
- Bus-autorickshaw clash kills 3 in Sylhet
- Diet drinks increase stroke risk
- DMP chief alert police against injustice
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- All 49 reserved seats elected uncontested
- ‘Shahidullah Kaiser’ recall
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- One held over Lalmonirhat gang rape
- Farmers` profit in mustard
- Are Carbs good or bad?
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Hasan inducted `Bangladesh Film Festival` in Calcutta
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Al Mahmud’s namaz-e-janaza held at Baitul Mukarram
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Pakistan backs group behind suicide bomb: Iran
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’