Seat-sharing issue to be settled after scrutiny: Fakhrul
Published: 07:41 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:16 PM, 27 November 2018
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said they will settle the seat-sharing issue with the partners of Jatiya Oikyafront after the scrutiny of nomination papers.
Talking to reporters at BNP Chairperson’s Gulshan office on Tuesday, he, however, said they have already completed the seat-sharing process with their partners from the 20-party alliance.
“We’ve given the nomination to 800 leaders from our party. We’ve also nominated some leaders from the partners of the 20-party alliance,” the BNP leader said.
He said components of the Oikyafront are giving nomination independently to their candidates. “Once the scrutiny is over, we’ll settle the seat-sharing issue with them.”
Replying to a query about how many seats they have shared with their 20-party alliance partners, Fakhrul declined to disclose any specific number, saying it will be around 15.
About the seat-sharing with Oikyafront, he said they will decide it later after discussions.
Responding to another question, the BNP leader said they will not share more than 60 seats with their all alliance partners.
A BNP leader, wishing anonymity, said their party is going to share seats with Jamaat-e-Islami, BJP, Bangladesh Khelafat Majlish, LDP, Jatiya Party (Zafar), Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam, NPP, Labour Party and Samyabadi Dal among the 20-party alliance partners.
However, a Jamaat leader claimed that BNP is going to share nearly 25 seats with them.
The last date for the submission of nomination papers is November 28 (Wednesday). All the candidates must submit the nomination papers by the deadline to contest the general election slated for December 30.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC