Seat-sharing issue to be settled after scrutiny: Fakhrul
Published: 07:41 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:16 PM, 27 November 2018
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said they will settle the seat-sharing issue with the partners of Jatiya Oikyafront after the scrutiny of nomination papers.
Talking to reporters at BNP Chairperson’s Gulshan office on Tuesday, he, however, said they have already completed the seat-sharing process with their partners from the 20-party alliance.
“We’ve given the nomination to 800 leaders from our party. We’ve also nominated some leaders from the partners of the 20-party alliance,” the BNP leader said.
He said components of the Oikyafront are giving nomination independently to their candidates. “Once the scrutiny is over, we’ll settle the seat-sharing issue with them.”
Replying to a query about how many seats they have shared with their 20-party alliance partners, Fakhrul declined to disclose any specific number, saying it will be around 15.
About the seat-sharing with Oikyafront, he said they will decide it later after discussions.
Responding to another question, the BNP leader said they will not share more than 60 seats with their all alliance partners.
A BNP leader, wishing anonymity, said their party is going to share seats with Jamaat-e-Islami, BJP, Bangladesh Khelafat Majlish, LDP, Jatiya Party (Zafar), Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam, NPP, Labour Party and Samyabadi Dal among the 20-party alliance partners.
However, a Jamaat leader claimed that BNP is going to share nearly 25 seats with them.
The last date for the submission of nomination papers is November 28 (Wednesday). All the candidates must submit the nomination papers by the deadline to contest the general election slated for December 30.
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- Myanmar must abide by ICJ orders: Hasan
- Coronavirus can kill 65mn people!
- Valencia beat Setien`s Barcelona 2-0
- Atiqul to announce election manifesto tomorrow
- 1st Bangladeshi woman in US mainstream politics
- Stokes apologized but punished
- ‘Infrastructural developed schools are not good schools’
- PM for worthy citizens through sports
- Recruitment at Epyllion Group
- What thinks Domingo for losing series!
- Youths rich in tech knowledge are the future leader: Palak
- JMB men arrested in Khulna on 10-day remand
- Disabled child died after fallen from the roof
- Death toll climbs 22 in Turkish earthquake
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Xi says China faces `grave situation` as virus toll hits 41
- Horse race held in Mithapukur
- Delta Airlines fined for dropping Muslim paxs
- Gambia Justice Minister praised Bangladesh
- 2 bakers fined TK 6 lakh Jhalokati
- Defendant mobbed over threatening plaintiff
- Election manifesto to be given highest priority
- Housewife killed over dowry dispute, 3 arrested
- Pakistan threats India over World Cup!
- Ranveer Singh denies sexism!
- 5 detained with 102 ltr liquor
- Bangladesh Embassy in China launches ‘hotline’ service
- No bricks in public works
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack