Seaside dam-road collapsed: No reform in 7 yrs
Published: 08:01 PM, 23 August 2019 Updated: 08:22 PM, 23 August 2019
This is a road of Teknafs's Shahpari Dip in Cox’s Bazar. Around 40 thousand of people from Subrung UP traveled on this road daily. Once, the road used for various a business including salt, betel leaf- betel-nut, and cattle were carried from Myanmar. However, five kilometers of damage to the road caused all the business to collapse. Apart from this, the road has remained unchanged for seven years last.
In June 2012, five kilometers of the road was broken in tidal waters. From then, transport on road transport remains stopped. Seven years have passed since then, but the road has not been reformed. About 14 km of the road from Shahpari Island, five kilometers from Hariakhali to Uttarpara, is in a dilapidated condition.
Abdus Salam of Jaliapara, Shahpari Dip, said that the main occupation of the locals is fishing in the sea and farming. Every year about sea fish worth 200 crores is supplied from the island of Shahpari. Besides, salt and betel leaf- betel-nut worth around 300 crores is sold. Which is not possible for many districts of the country. Once upon a time, the people of this island lived happily. Now spend the night in severe anxiety.
Cattle trader Abdul Shukkur said cattle were imported from Myanmar through the Shahpir dip corridor. Transport is not possible due to the road’s closure. However, the government earns Tk 3 crore a year from livestock import. On an emergency basis, the broken portion of Shahpir dip's embankment should be reformed.
Faruk, a resident of Uttarpara, Shahpirir dip, said the road had been in a dilapidated condition for seven years. Boats and speedboats have to be used in broken parts during the tide.
Nur Alam of Mistripara said that in the last few years, three thousand families of Paschimpara, Dakkhinpara, and Gholapara of Shahpir dip have become homeless.
In this regard, Sabrang UP chairman Nurul Hossain said that the Cox's Bazaar Roads and Highways department had left the five-kilometer broken road after seven years of flooding. This is increasing human misery.
Pintu Chakma, the executive engineer of Cox's Bazaar for Roads and Highways, said “An allocation of Tk. 55 crore has been received for the renovation of the five-kilometer broken road.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing