Kim in Russia for Putin summit
Published: 02:05 PM, 24 April 2019
North Korean state media showed Kim boarding his private train, Reuters
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is in the Russian far-east for a summit with President Vladimir Putin.
State media said Kim is travelling on his private train. It will be his first talks with the Russian president.
The Kremlin says they will meet near the Pacific coast city of Vladivostok on Thursday and will talk about the Korean peninsula's "nuclear problem".
Kim is seeking support after talks with US President Donald Trump collapsed, analysts say.
Trump and Kim met in Hanoi earlier this year to discuss North Korea's nuclear weapons programme, but the summit - their second - ended without agreement.
North Korean state media has yet to confirm a time or location for the meeting.
But Russian and North Korean national flags are already in place on Vladivostok's Russky island, where the summit is expected to take place.
Russian soldiers have been seen marching in formation outside the train station in Vladivostok in preparation for Kim's arrival.
The North Korean leader reportedly crossed into Russia on Wednesday and stepped out of his private train at the border city of Khasan.
He was greeted by Russian women in traditional dress as part of a symbolic welcome ceremony. BBC
- Kim in Russia for Putin summit
- Tarique’s friend Mamun gets 7-year jail
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- PM to visit Sheikh Selim’s residence
- Adulterated sweets, no one to see!
- Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
- Two Netrokona ‘Rajakars’ to die
- Earthquake rattles northeast India, Tibet
- Bitter squash in office’s flowerpots
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- 18 detains in hunt over Sri Lanka bombings
- 2 dies after being pushed out from train
- Toll in Sri Lanka bombings rises to 359
- Verdict on 2 Netrokona ‘Rajakars’ today
- Six years of Rana Plaza Tragedy
- Emirates to face Kyrgyzstan today
- 54 feared dead in landslide at Myanmar jade mine
- Second session of 11th JS today
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Zayan’s body to arrive Dhaka today
- India warned Sri Lanka 2 hours before Suicide Attacks
- Hijra, a creature of Allah: Noor
- Online reg required for St. Martin visit
- Biman to resume Dhaka-Delhi flight from May 13
- Kim, Putin to hold first talks in Russia
- PM returns home from Brunei
- Shakib returns for SRH, CSK to bowl
- BNP on extinction boycotting JS says Tofail
- ACC interrogates Jhenaidah MP Mannan
- Special attention on Rohingyas; says CEC
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand
- Adele separates from husband
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death