School holiday draws to Eid
Published: 04:59 PM, 30 March 2020 Updated: 10:54 PM, 30 March 2020
In the wake of coronavirus epidemic, the ongoing closure of the country’s all schools to prevent the transmission of the lethal virus, may be extended until the Eid-ul-Fitr, according to the sources of the Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education (DSHE).
The source said that due to the Coronavirus crisis, ordinary people could not get out of the house even if they wanted to. There is no reason to send students to class. DSHE has proposed to the ministry to suspend educational institutions till Eidul-Fitr.
Sources said the safety and health risks of the students are being considered first. Speaking of rules, we cannot push them into uncertainty.
DSHE director general, Gholam Faruq, said that the closure had not yet been finalized. However it is in their consideration. He declined to comment further in this regard.
On the other hand, no comment was available on behalf of the education ministry regarding the issue of extending the shutdown till Eidul Fitr. However, a trusted source in the ministry says the closure will be extended.
Meanwhile, the director of the Directorate of Primary Education (DPE) Fasiullah said about the possibility of extending the closure of the government primary school.
"Our school will be closed until the situation is normal," he said. The number of coronavirus attacks is increasing rapidly all over the world. No one knows when it will come under control. As a result, we have to extend the school holidays. While the issue is not final, we are thinking about extending the closure. All the educational holidays in the country have been announced till April 9 in several steps to tackle the ongoing outbreak of coronavirus.
- Newborn contracts coronavirus in Chattogram
- Trump signs executive order targeting social media
- Two brothers killed in Naogaon`s truck accident
- 5 doctors tested coronavirus positive in CoMCH
- 26 more contracted coronavirus in Faridpur
- Khulna starts ‘Plasma Therapy’ experimental treatment
- Riyad apologizes to all
- Police recovered hanging body in Khulna
- Take a view of heart disease symptoms to reduce death risk
- No COVID-19 test in BITID for 3 days
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- France further eases lockdown
- World’s oldest man dies at 112
- Another died of COVID-19 in Rangpur
- Chattogram reports 229 more COVID-19 cases
- Bus owners set to meet BRTA-Police today
- Coronavirus death toll tops 362,000
- Sunamganj records 18 fresh COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus: India surpasses China in terms of deaths
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Eight trains to resume from May 31
- Iran reopens borders with Turkey and Iraq
- 7 Afghan security personnel killed in Taliban attack
- Trump planing to sell arms to Saudi again
- COVID-19 recovered journo wants to donate plasma
- 17 more infected in Thakurgaon
- More than 359,000 lose lives by COVID-19 globally
- Gazipur records 61 cases in a day
- Mysterious ‘Jewish Club’ in Dhaka
- All News »
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Shokh herself reveals mystery of 2nd marriage?
- Offices resume from May 31
- 20 die in 24 hrs, 1873 new infected
- Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
- Khashoggi’s sons forgive their father’s killers
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Coronavirus cases in country exceed 30,000
- Saudi among 3 countries announces Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday
- It was a horrible night: Rukmini
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- Power bill deadline extended
- What to do if you miss the Eid prayer
- Statue in the name of Allah-Muhammad (PBUH)
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead