School, college reopen tomorrow, 11 instructions must be followed
Published: 10:56 AM, 11 September 2021 Updated: 09:51 PM, 11 September 2021
All schools and colleges are set to reopen tomorrow (on Sunday) after around 18 months of closure due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The decision on reopening school and college was finalized during an inter-ministerial meeting at the Secretariat in Dhaka on September 5.
After the meeting, Education Minister Dr Dipu Moni said, "We have fully prepared for reopening school and colleges on the 12th. But if there is anything that needs to be completed, it will be done by September 9."
Meanwhile, the education ministry asked relevant institutions to make daily routines in preparation of students returning to their classrooms on September 12.
In the meantime, guidelines have also been issued in order to start teaching in classes, focusing on hygiene rules and other safety measures for students.
The Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education (DSHE) sent 11 instructions to all educational institutions of the country.
The instructions are:
1. SSC and HSC examinees of the year 2021 and 2022 and students of class-5 who will sit for primary education completion exam will have regular classes.
2. Students of grades 1-4 and 6-9 will attend classes once a week.
3. Each educational institution will prepare the routine and fix two classes every day.
4. Practical classes may be added with other classes in the routine.
5 & 6. The classes of candidates of Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) of examinations of 2021 and 2022 will be conducted as per the routine in coordination with the schedule of Degree, Honours and Masters examinations of National University and Dhaka University affiliated institutions.
7. It should be mentioned in the routine that students will not violate hygiene rule during entry, exit and stay in the schools.
8. It should be followed in the routine that students of different sections will enter the institutions in different time.
9. Assembly in schools will not be held at the moment.
10. Information will have to be provided as per the scheduled checklist every day.
11. Until further directives, above mentioned instructions will have to be followed.
The government shut the schools, colleges, madrasas, and universities across the country back in mid-March last year after health authorities detected the first Covid-19 cases. Later, the closure was extended several times.
On August 26, the government had extended the closure of secondary and higher secondary level educational institutions until September 11.