Over Khashoggi issue:
Saudi Prince faces protests on Tunisia visit
Published: 03:24 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 03:24 PM, 27 November 2018
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is encountering public anger in Tunisia over the killing of writer Jamal Khashoggi.
Dozens of protesters gathered in central Tunis on Monday night to protest the prince's arrival Tuesday for talks with the Tunisian president.
President Beji Caid Essebsi's office said Tunisia denounces the journalist's killing and wants a full investigation, but doesn't want the killing to be used to destabilize Saudi Arabia.
Amid suspicions of the prince's involvement in Khashoggi's death, a Tunisian lawyer's group tried to seek a court order blocking his visit. The Tunisian journalists' union sent a letter to the president calling it an ‘attack on the principles’ of the 2011 revolution that brought democracy and freedom of expression to Tunisia.
The crown prince heads to a Group of 20 summits in Argentina this week amid international pressure over the killing.
Turkey's foreign minister says he has listened to a ‘disgusting’ tape that allegedly captures the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi by Saudi agents at the kingdom's consulate in Istanbul.
Mevlut Cavusoglu told German daily Sueddeutsche Zeitung on Tuesday, “I listened to it. He was killed within seven minutes. It was a deliberate murder.”
Cavusoglu said he could hear the forensic doctor instructing others to listen to music while he cuts up the body.
He said: “One notices that he's enjoying it ... he likes to cut up people. It is disgusting.”
Turkey says Khashoggi, who wrote for The Washington Post, was killed last month by a 15-member assassination squad sent from Riyadh. Ankara insists orders for the killing came from the highest levels of the Saudi government, but not King Salman.
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- Nusrat murder: Shamim on 3-day remand
- Farm equipment subsidies will be extended: Ag Minister
- Nusrat murder: Ruhul Amin sent to jail
- BNP calls Zahidur a `mass enemy`
- Stop antibiotic sale without prescription: HC to govt
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- 76 bridges changes daily life
- Uncle-nephew possessed the school
- Nissan ex-boss Ghosn granted $4.5m bail
- Joe Biden launches 2020 presidential bid
- HC seeks report on mobile tower radiation
- Spicy raw mango juice in summer
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM returns home tomorrow
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor