Over Khashoggi issue:
Saudi Prince faces protests on Tunisia visit
Published: 03:24 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 03:24 PM, 27 November 2018
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is encountering public anger in Tunisia over the killing of writer Jamal Khashoggi.
Dozens of protesters gathered in central Tunis on Monday night to protest the prince's arrival Tuesday for talks with the Tunisian president.
President Beji Caid Essebsi's office said Tunisia denounces the journalist's killing and wants a full investigation, but doesn't want the killing to be used to destabilize Saudi Arabia.
Amid suspicions of the prince's involvement in Khashoggi's death, a Tunisian lawyer's group tried to seek a court order blocking his visit. The Tunisian journalists' union sent a letter to the president calling it an ‘attack on the principles’ of the 2011 revolution that brought democracy and freedom of expression to Tunisia.
The crown prince heads to a Group of 20 summits in Argentina this week amid international pressure over the killing.
Turkey's foreign minister says he has listened to a ‘disgusting’ tape that allegedly captures the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi by Saudi agents at the kingdom's consulate in Istanbul.
Mevlut Cavusoglu told German daily Sueddeutsche Zeitung on Tuesday, “I listened to it. He was killed within seven minutes. It was a deliberate murder.”
Cavusoglu said he could hear the forensic doctor instructing others to listen to music while he cuts up the body.
He said: “One notices that he's enjoying it ... he likes to cut up people. It is disgusting.”
Turkey says Khashoggi, who wrote for The Washington Post, was killed last month by a 15-member assassination squad sent from Riyadh. Ankara insists orders for the killing came from the highest levels of the Saudi government, but not King Salman.
- President for utilising scouting to serve nation
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- 50pc of state-run entities funds to deposit in private banks
- Argentine goalkeeper Romero faces a road accident
- Mymensingh-Chattogram train services resume
- Google chief urges ‘proportionate’ AI regulation
- Female officer slapped BJP leader (video)
- Youth held with marijuana in Satkhira
- Youth sentenced to life imprisonment in Rajbari
- ACC drives at KMCH
- 40 teenagers detained from park in Jashore
- Woman killed, 16 injured in Joypurhat road crash
- 33 promoted to District Judges
- `Wife murder`, Fahmi again discussed in media!
- Total print media 3165, one state-owned
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 4 detained with drugs in separate drives
- To get bright skin use rose water
- Praveen Kumar tried to commit suicide
- Moslem Uddin takes oath as MP
- 11 gamblers detained with 2 crores rupees
- Hand bombs blasted in Noakhali
- HC stays Primary recruitment test result of 14 districts
- Youth wants Mir’s daughter number!
- Miller encourages voters to cast votes
- Science-Technology Fair begins in Adamdighi
- 3 brother detained for stabbing elder
- RAB detained 4 robbers in Capital
- After 5 Tk’s food students getting toilet
- Conflict of authority hampers academic process
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- DU expels 63 students for life
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Mashrafe playing despite 14 stitches in hand
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- DNCC, DSCC polls: No motorcycle ply for 72 hrs