Saudi Arabia to avenge attacks on oil installations
Published: 02:06 PM, 22 September 2019
Saudi Arabia has threatened to avenge the attacks on two highly-regarded Saudi state-owned oil company of Aramco.
Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubaiah made the remarks at a news conference on Saturday, news agency Reuters reported.
He said “If Iran’s responsibility for the attack on the Aramco oil plant is proved in the investigation appropriate measures would be taken to respond.
However, he did not elaborate on the exact steps to be taken. Asked about this, Jubair said, "The government will take appropriate steps based on the results of the investigation to ensure the security and stability of the state." We are sure that the attack was not from Yemen, the attack was from the north. Investigators will prove it. "
“The weapons used in the attack are from Iran,” he added. A full investigation report of the attack will be published.”
Saudi Arabia has denied that Yemeni-backed Houthi rebels have claimed responsibility for the attack.
Saudi Arabia's state-owned oil company Saudi Aramco's two crucial oil installations were damaged in the September 9 attacks. The installation also houses the world's largest oil refinery.
Soon after the attack, the world's top oil exporter, Saudi Arabia's daily oil production, dropped by half. As a result, the world's daily oil supply decreased by five percent, and oil prices in the world market increased.
The attack was from the north and used Iranian weapons, Saudi Arabia has already said, in the investigation so far. The exact location of the attack will be confirmed in the next investigation, they said.
Saudi Arabia is consulting with its allies on 'taking the necessary steps', urging the world to take a stand on the issue.
- ‘Abominable’ won’t be screened in Malaysia over S. China Sea map
- India, Pakistan exchange fire in Kashmir, killing 9
- Brexit will happen on Oct. 31
- Bangladesh Army Volleyball competition concludes
- Chile paralyzed after three die in protest violence
- Young Elephants of Laos humiliate Mohun Bagan
- Laxman, Smith picks Tamim, Shakib in their dream XI
- 1,34,625 HA land under T-Aman cultivation in Netrokona
- People aren’t responding to Oikya Front’s call: Hasan
- President reaches Singapore en route to Japan
- 1st scientific congress on NCDs kicks off in city
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Jubo League chairman Omar Faruq fired
- Saifuddin to miss T20 series in India
- PM receives Russian translated books on Bangabandhu-Sheikh Hasina
- Pearl over 8 thousand-yrs old found in UAE
- Four to die for murder in Faridpur
- DIG Bajlur of JD arrested for possessing illegal money
- Rohit`s 212 put India on top
- Bhola Clash: BGB’s quick deploy by helicopter
- 4 killed in cops-mob clash following facebook post
- Khulna beat Rajshahi in NCL 2nd round
- BCB to issue T-Ten NOC through talks
- Auto-driver killed after being hit by pickup
- Investigations are being made about many others: Quader
- Samad succeeds in farming vegetables in fisheries farms
- 13.05% pass DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Weather may remain mainly dry
- Son hacked mother to death
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- BUET students’ call off protests
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today