Sanchez, Lukaku must 'do it for themselves'
Published: 10:31 PM, 28 December 2018 Updated: 10:31 PM, 28 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Manchester United forwards Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku "have to do it for themselves" on the pitch, says interim manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Sanchez, 30, and Lukaku, 25, appeared to fall out of favor under former manager Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford.
Solskjaer said he has given them "guidelines" on expressing themselves but that it is "up to them" to perform.
Sanchez last featured for United against Crystal Palace in November because of a hamstring injury.
Lukaku, a £75m signing in 2017, has not played in Solskjaer's first two games in charge but has returned to training before Sunday's visit of Bournemouth in the Premier League.
He has scored six goals in 16 league games this season, while Sanchez, who joined from Arsenal in January, has one goal in 10 matches.
"Romelu, Anthony [Martial] and Alexis they were light, light [training] yesterday so hopefully they can join part of the training today and let's see after how they come through," Solskjaer said on Friday.
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- Drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- 28 killed in N. Afghanistan airstrike
- Heatwave in U.S. kills 6
- Rain likely to increase in next 72 hrs
- Bail hearing for Minni today
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Minni sent to jail
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- My father-in-law’s head not okay: Minni