Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
Published: 10:20 AM, 9 December 2019 Updated: 11:06 AM, 9 December 2019
Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina the inaugural function of the BPL. Photo: Collected
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, who came to Dhaka on Sunday to perform in the opening ceremony of Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BBPL), paid glowing tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
“He (Bangabandhu) has made Bangladesh … he is the Father of the Nation,” Salman said in his brief speech at the end of the inaugural function of the BBPL, the special edition of BPL T20 to mark the birth centenary of Bangabandhu. - Report BSS.
Salman Khan along with another Bollywood superstar Katrina Kaif appeared together at the colourful stage at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur that night before their last performance.
Salman Khan congratulated the people of Bangladesh on the occasion of the birth centenary of the Father of the Nation.
He also mentioned the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, saying she was elected the prime minister for the third consecutive time. “Bangladesh people loved her (the prime minister) so much,” he said.
Salman Khan also referred to the name of Bangladesh’s National Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam.
“My father told me that when you will go upon the stage, one man name you must take he is Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam … my father is his big fan and he read most of his kabitas (poems),” he said.
Katrina Kaif in her address thanked the BBPL organizers for inviting them in the opening ceremony of the tournament and showed interest to come to Bangladesh again.
Both Salman and Katrina pointed out their meeting with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina during the opening ceremony of the BBPL. “It was a wonderful moment for us,” they said.
They ended their speech uttering the slogan “Joy Bangla” and “Joy Bangabandhu”.
- Four poppy fields destroyed in Bandarban
- Sportsman of the year Ruman Sana, Cricketer Shakib
- Continuity of government made Bangladesh’s uplift visible: PM
- Jr Tigers becomes ‘C’ group champion
- Volleyball tournament in Sherpur on Mujib Year
- Trump to sign US-Mexico-Canada trade deal
- China shut down 13 cities as virus toll climbs
- Thai Exim Bank, JBIC keen to invest Bangladesh sugar mills
- Main accused of Sabujbagh child-rape case arrested
- What Mahmudullah said after losing to Pakistan
- UK welcomes ICJ ruling, asks Myanmar to comply
- ‘Dwitiyo Purush’ expected to release in Bangladesh
- ‘Occupied playground will be restored’
- Technical education to be compulsory
- Woman dies wrapping warm-clothes with auto
- ICJ’s verdict important: Nasima Begum
- `Steps will be taken to increase onion production`
- Merchant killed in Bogura, 1 arrested
- Cricket tournament in Meherpur on Mujib Year
- Elderly Body found in Sylhet
- Mimi got stuck in oil ad
- USA crackdown visas for pregnant foreigners
- 3 drug dealers fined in Mujibnagar
- Man dies fallen from petrol pump roof in Ashulia
- Bangladesh starts Pakistan tour with loss
- BNP, the worst opposition party: Quader
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- DU to host special convocation for Bangabandhu Sep 5
- Katrina, Vicky chill together
- Anti-US demonstration protest in Iraq
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- E-passport to be launched today
- DMP’s letter to EC to keep close trade fair for 2 days
- ‘Law enforcers will work under EC directives’
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack