Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
Published: 12:30 PM, 24 February 2020 Updated: 02:47 PM, 24 February 2020
Salman Shah; File Photo
The Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) has finally reported the probe report over the death of Salman Shah.
“The death of Dhallywood’s popular film star is not a murder, rather he committed suicide following a family dispute,” PBI chief DIG Banaj Kumar Majumder told at a press conference on Monday.
On September 6, 1996, Salman Shah’s body was recovered from his own house at Eskaton Road in the capital. In the case of Salman’s death, his father, Kamaruddin Ahmed Chowdhury, filed an obituary case.
Later on July 24, 1997, the obituary case converts into a murder case, in which it was stated that Salman Shah was killed. The court ordered the CID to investigate the incident of the murder case.
After the investigation, on November 3, 1997, the CID submitted a final report to the court. There, Salman’s death was mentioned as suicide.
Later, the CID’s report was rejected and filed a revision, on May 19, 2003, the court sent the case to the judicial investigation. For a long time, the case was under judicial investigation.
On August 3, 2014, Metropolitan Magistrate Emdadul Haque submitted a judicial inquiry report to the CMM Court of Dhaka, Bikash Kumar Saha.
This report also referred to Salman’s death as “suicide”. Salman Shah’s mother Neela Chowdhury rejected the judicial inquiry report on December 21, 2014.
Metropolitan Magistrate, Jahangir Hossain, on February 10, 2015, filed an appeal against the judicial inquiry report. and mentioned that 11 people including Aziz Mohammad may involve in the Salman Shah murder. The court gave the order to the Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) order to further investigate the matter.
A revision was filed with the Metropolitan Sessions Judge’s Court on April 19, 2016, against the order to investigate the case by RAB.
On August 21 that year, the judge of Special Judge’s Court-6, Imrul Kayes granted the application for revision and ordered RAB not to do any further investigation of the case.
On December 7, last year, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Laskar Sohel Rana ordered the PBI to re-investigate the case. Since then, the case was under PBI.
Debuted with the movie ‘Keyamot Theke Keyamot’ in 1993, Salman Shah became popular with the young generation with his smartness and style. The actor acted on 27 films in thee years. When his popularity was high, his death was reported on September 6, 1996, on BTV. He is still equally popular two decades after his death.
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- UP member held with govt reliefs in Natore
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus