Salman Shah: Mysterious fall of legendary superstar
Published: 03:49 PM, 6 September 2019 Updated: 10:30 PM, 6 September 2019
Salman Shah is still shining like a young superstar in the hearts of millions of Bangladeshi fans. But his physical existence in the Bangladeshi film industry like a comet. In 1993 through acting in Keyamot Theke Keyamot he emerged in Dhallywood. It was like a dream to all getting such a hero in Bangladesh. The dream didn’t exist longer. Through a mysterious death on September 6, 1996, he left us and made cry crores of Salman lovers. Today is the 23rd death anniversary of this legendary superhero.
Though we know him as Salman Shah, his real name is Shahriar Chowdhury Emon. He was born in Dariapara of Sylhet at his maternal grandparents’ home on 19th September of 1971. He was the elder son of Kamar Uddin Chowdhury and Nila Chowdhury. He married Samira Huq in 1992.
In his childhood in 1985, he stepped into an acting career as a child artist. He acted in the drama ‘Akash Choa’ on BTV. Later he played roles in the dramas like Deyal(1985), Shob Pakhi Ghore Fire (1984), Shaikate Sharosh(1988), Nayan(1995) and Shopner Prithibi(1996).
‘Keyamot Theke Keyamot’ in1993 was his very first film, directed by Sohanur Rahman Sohan. There Salman was in pair with Moushumi, who was also a newcomer in the industry. The first film hit so quickly all over the country. Then he hadn’t to look back.
Gradually he acted in total 27 films — Tumi Amar, Ontare Ontare, Sujan Sakhi, Bikkhov, Sneho, Prem Juddho in1994; Den Mohor, Konna dan, Shopner Thikana, Anjuman, Moha Milon, Asha Bhalobasha in 1995; Bichar Hobe, Priyojon, Tomake Chai, Swapner Prithibi, Shotter Mrittu Nei, Jibon Songshar, Mayer Odhikar, Chaowa Theke Paowa in 1996; Prem Piyashi, Shopner Nayok, Shudhu Tumi, Ananda Ashru, Buker Bhetor Agun in1997 etc. In his maximum film, he acted with actress Shabnur.
Buker Bhitor Agun the last film of Salman Shah, was released posthumously. Another film, Mon Mane Na, was taken over by actor Riaz.
Salman Shah was popular for his unique style of acting. It was out of imagination to Bangladeshi to get such type of smart and skilled young actor in the industry. He became the icon to the young generation. All love to follow him like a die-hard fan. For his films Cinema Halls of the country got back a new life. But those days didn’t exist longer.
His hanging body was recovered on September 6, 1996 morning from his Eskaton Road residence. Though at first his death was claimed as suicide, Salman’s parents denied. From his family, his death was claimed as murder. His father filed regarding this and accused 11 people including Business tycoon Aziz Mohammad and law relatives behind the murder. Still, the incident of his death is a mystery for many reasons. In 23 years, again and again, Salman’s family members claiming the justice for his murder. His mother and younger brother were seen in social media at different times with various proofs on behalf of their claim of murder. Ruby, the aunt of Samira also claimed Samira and her family had murdered Salman Shah. Those videos sketched the hurt of the audience again. The case is still under investigation. All of his fans are demanding trial of killers through investigation.
Still, he is an incomparable film icon to all over Bangladesh. Present youths also believe Salman Shah showed that style 25 years ago what people are following in this generation. Maximum’s opinions are, ‘Such a stylish actor like Salman Shah will never come in the Bangladeshi film industry. His absence in the industry is irreplaceable.’
We can’t see Salman Shah physically. But, Salman Shah still alive in our heart as a legend; and legend never dies.
- Former SCC mayor Kamran tests positive for COVID-19
- Natore reports three new COVID-19 patients
- Dr. Nahid brought to Suhrawardy Hospital
- 29 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Fiji declares itself Coronavirus-free
- Foreign currency reserve, annual remittances hit record highs
- Qatar completes third World Cup stadium
- Coronavirus is ‘weakening’, now claims US doctors
- Govt to recruit 3,000 medical technologists-technicians
- COVID-19 cases reached 1281 in Cumilla
- Youths in country mostly infected with coronavirus
- Electrician dies falling from under-construction building
- 123 officials get promoted as joint secretaries
- Don Dawood Ibrahim and his wife infected with COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Cox’s Bazar declared as country’s first ‘red zone’
- Bank official among 3 of a family hacked in Pabna, bodies found 3 days later
- ‘Environment care would have made easier to combat virus’
- Shechwashebak League leader killed in Bogura
- Gazipur coronavirus cases surpass 1,500
- New routine for secondary classes on TV released
- Four families placed under lockdown in Brahmanbaria
- 3 killed, 7 injured in knife attack at China supermarket
- Tea seller anxious despite his son gets GPA-5
- Consumers suffering in ‘spooky electricity bills’
- India breaks all records of COVID-19 cases in a day
- Sherpur reports six new coronavirus infected cases
- Schoolboy`s body found in pond
- Charging extra fare is breach of promise: Quader
- 5 day labourers missing as boat capsize in Padma
- Coronavirus death toll exceeds 800 in country
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- 2,423 new infected, 35 die in 24 hours
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register