Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
Published: 10:20 AM, 9 December 2019 Updated: 11:06 AM, 9 December 2019
Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina the inaugural function of the BPL. Photo: Collected
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, who came to Dhaka on Sunday to perform in the opening ceremony of Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BBPL), paid glowing tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
“He (Bangabandhu) has made Bangladesh … he is the Father of the Nation,” Salman said in his brief speech at the end of the inaugural function of the BBPL, the special edition of BPL T20 to mark the birth centenary of Bangabandhu. - Report BSS.
Salman Khan along with another Bollywood superstar Katrina Kaif appeared together at the colourful stage at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur that night before their last performance.
Salman Khan congratulated the people of Bangladesh on the occasion of the birth centenary of the Father of the Nation.
He also mentioned the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, saying she was elected the prime minister for the third consecutive time. “Bangladesh people loved her (the prime minister) so much,” he said.
Salman Khan also referred to the name of Bangladesh’s National Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam.
“My father told me that when you will go upon the stage, one man name you must take he is Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam … my father is his big fan and he read most of his kabitas (poems),” he said.
Katrina Kaif in her address thanked the BBPL organizers for inviting them in the opening ceremony of the tournament and showed interest to come to Bangladesh again.
Both Salman and Katrina pointed out their meeting with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina during the opening ceremony of the BBPL. “It was a wonderful moment for us,” they said.
They ended their speech uttering the slogan “Joy Bangla” and “Joy Bangabandhu”.
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- Immune discovery may treat all cancer
- Farmer’s smile in vegetables farming
- 7 out of 8 employees absent in Upazila health office
- Coronavirus spread in 12 countries
- Assam trembled in multiple blast
- Sheikh Russel Water Treatment Plant inaugurated
- Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- PM opens several uplift schemes
- 31 killed in Madagascar torrential rains
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- 30 killed in Brazil floods and landslides
- Tabu gets 3 cr bucks for 15 minutes!
- Husband’s name ‘Hospital’ in voter list; wife becomes senseless
- 2 killed as truck rams auto in M’singh
- Mango buds in advance spring
- Barca beaten by Valencia in early blow for Setien
- Death toll climbed to 31 in Turkey quake-aftershock
- Facebook notification stopped
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse