Salah double seals Liverpool win over Watford
Published: 10:28 PM, 14 December 2019
Mohamed Salah scored twice as Premier League leaders Liverpool battled to victory over strugglers Watford in Nigel Pearson's first game in charge.
Salah curled the ball into the far corner for the opener before flicking in a late second in the final minute of normal time at Anfield.
Watford missed chances in both halves, while Liverpool's Sadio Mane had a header ruled out for offside following a review by the video assistant referee (VAR).
Liverpool remain unbeaten in the league this season while Watford are six points - and with a substantial goal difference to overturn - adrift of safety.
The Reds were made to work for their victory though - goalkeeper Alisson making smart saves after the break, while Watford's Ismaila Sarr also wasted a huge chance.
Salah squandered opportunities of his own too, but Liverpool did enough to pick up their 16th victory of the season and open up an 11-point gap at the top ahead of second-placed Leicester City, who face Norwich later on Saturday (15:00 GMT).
- ‘Marketing Cup’ to commemorate Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu
- Unidentified body found in Cumilla
- 48 No Ward AL rebel candidate fired
- Housewife commits suicide in Pirojpur
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- Satkhira pride schoolgirl committed suicide
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- Immune discovery may treat all cancer
- Farmer’s smile in vegetables farming
- 7 out of 8 employees absent in Upazila health office
- Coronavirus spread in 12 countries
- Assam trembled in multiple blast
- Sheikh Russel Water Treatment Plant inaugurated
- Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack