Saima rape, murder: Prime accused confesses to crime
Published: 06:34 PM, 8 July 2019 Updated: 06:40 PM, 8 July 2019
Harun-or-Rashid, the prime accused who was arrested over raping and murder of Samia Afrin Saima, in capital’s Wari area, has given confessional statements before the court.
On Monday, the investigation officer and detective branch (DB) inspector Arjun produced the killer before the court and pleaded to record his statement under section 164.
Dhaka metropolitan magistrate Sarafuzzaman Ansari then recorded Harun’s statement and sent him to jail afterward.
On July 7, Police managed to arrest the killer Harun-or-Rashid, a relative of one of Saima’s neighbor, from Cumilla.
Read more: Child Saima raped before killed
In his primary confession made to police, Killer Harun said he lured the little girl to that vacant flat by telling her to show the rooftop. He raped her there and strangled her to death. He dragged her lifeless body to the kitchen by wrapping a rope around her neck and threw the body under the sink.
Read more: Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
“The crime tantamount to crimes against humanity,” said detective branch (DB) additional commissioner Abdul Baten on Sunday while briefing media about the arrest of the killer.
On July 5, Saima’s body was found in a vacant flat at the same apartment complex, where she was living with her family.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future