Saifur Rahman receives ‘INFORMS ISS Early Career Award’
Published: 03:59 PM, 3 December 2018 Updated: 03:59 PM, 3 December 2018
Bangladeshi-origin American Dr Mohammad Saifur Rahman, an associate professor of the Krannert School of Management at Purdue University, has been honoured with the 2018 INFORMS’s Information Systems Society (ISS) Sandy Slaughter Early Career Award.
ISS President Dr Ramnath K Chellappa handed over the award to Rahman at a recent conference at Purdue University in the USA, according to a web post of the university.
INFORMS is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to and promoting best practices and advances in operations research, management science, and analytics to improve operational processes, decision-making, and outcomes.
The prize recognizes Saifur as an early career individual on a path toward making outstanding intellectual contributions to the information systems discipline.
The spirit of the award is to honour the memory of the late Professor Sandy Slaughter, who was tireless in her pursuit of recognising the potential leaders of the “next generation” of information systems academics.
Saifur was named one of the World’s Top 40 Business School Professors under 40 by Poets and Quants in 2017. He is one of world’s leading experts in Digital Transformations. His research primarily focuses on Digital Business, Big Data, Omni-channel Retailing, Technology Usage, Retail and Web Analytics, and Consumer Behavior and Decision-Making.
He is currently serving as an associate editor of management science and information systems research and served as the lead organiser for Krannert-Walmart Data Dive, as well as the Dawn or Doom Data Dive in cooperation with Cisco.
He earned his bachelor’s in computer science and an MBA from Southern Illinois University and his doctorate in management information systems from Purdue’s Krannert School of Management.
Saifur passed his SSC and HSC examinations from Motijheel Model High School and Notre Dame College, respectively.
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Heart health: Love one you`re with
- Conduct leastwise two cases free: CJ
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- PM joins Munich Security Conference
- India warns Pakistan of `strong response`
- Trump to spend $8B for Mexico wall
- Haiti president breaks silence finally
- ‘Fagun Haway’ draws huge acclamation
- UN sought $920m for Rohingya
- Motorcyclist killed in Nanglokote road crash
- 78th birthday of Dr Wazed tomorrow
- Myanmar court sentences two to death for Muslim lawyer`s murder
- Dhaka for OIC help on Rohingya issue
- PM seeks more WHO engagement
- Facebook taps user data to defend workers from threat
- Farmers dream in coriander
- Barca extent Valverde contract until 2020
- Tea output increases 57 pc in northern districts
- Allama Shafi with helicopter in Ijtema
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Bomb-like eggplant recovered at CU
- Committee formed to celebrate Bangabandhu’s centenary
- Bangladesh brace for another trail by NZ pace
- Messi is ready for Valverde
- 3 held over Eden College`s ex-principal murder
- First lady makes Valentine’s Day art with pediatric patients
- Trump to declare emergency over Mexico border wall
- Actor Farooque injured
- Mushfiqur on the verge of making double-century
- All News »
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- AL reveals 2nd phase UZ polls candidates name
- Saraswati Puja today
- IAF Chief to visit Dhaka today
- Tomorrow’s SSC exam deferred to March 2
- DUCSU `election schedule` today