Saudi EMB official murder case
Saiful’s execution tonight in Khalaf killing
Published: 04:42 PM, 3 March 2019
Saudi Embassy official Khalaf: File Photo
The death sentence of Saiful Islam Mamun, executed in Saudi Embassy official Khalaf Al Ali murder case, to take place on Sunday night. Gazipur DC Dewan Mohammad Humayun Kabir confirmed this news.
The DC also said, the verdict will be executed at 10pm. All preparations have been completed in this regard.
Jail Super of Kashimpur High-security Central Jail Md. Shahjahan Ahmed said that since the verdict of the death sentence, Saiful Islam Mamun is held in Kashimpur High-Security Central prison's condemned cell.
Khalaf Al Ali, a Saudi diplomat official in Gulshan, Dhaka, was shot on 5 March 2012, died while undergoing treatment at a hospital in the capital.
Court sentences 5 people to death in this case. The convicts have appealed against this verdict.
In 2013, the High Court kept the death sentence of Saiful Islam Mamun. Instead of the death penalty, three people were sentenced to life imprisonment and one acquitted.
Saiful Islam Mamun is the son of Abdul Motaleb Hawlader of Khontakata area of Sharonkhola police station under Bagerhat.
- Holy Shab-e-Meraj on March 22
- Rain with squally wind likely
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- Delhi battleground again, 5 killed
- Zimbabwe at innings loss risk
- Drug lord held with heroin
- Trawler capsized in Inani beach, missing 2
- Three Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Today’s sports on TV
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Coronavirus hits more Middle East countries
- Trump announces defence deal with India
- Papiya placed on 15-day remand
- Police becomes barrier to treatment of Rickshaw puller’s mother
- Holy Shab-e-Meraj on Mar 22
- Trump visits Taj Mahal
- Young girl crushed under train in Lalmonirhat
- Yunusur Rahman made DSE chairman
- Mahathir becomes interim PM
- Trump forgets Gandhi at Gandhi’s Ashram
- PM urges Japan to investment in power sector
- No one will escape committing crime: Quader
- 12 Jailed for carrying marijuana in Jamalpur
- India seal comfortable victory over Bangladesh
- Rapist detained after 18 yrs of rape
- RU also denies joining uniform admission test
- President urges BGB to stay alert at borders
- Hearing with using video conference at Information Commission
- Motorcyclist killed in Jhalakati road crash
- DU says not to uniform entry test
- All News »
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- 15 new coronavirus cases in S Korea, bringing total to 46
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!