Saifuddin to miss T20 series in India
Published: 09:03 PM, 20 October 2019
Bangladesh pace bowling all-rounder Mohammad Saifuddin looked all set to miss the upcoming three-match T20 International series against India, as his recovery from the back injury was not as faster as it was expected.
His latest scan report is not encouraging one in relation to his back issue, said chief selector Minhajul Abedin Nannu. After realizing the situation, the team management is now looking for option to replace him.
”I don’t think he will be able to play against India in the T20 series as his recover was not as faster as we thought,” BCB’s chief selector Minhajul Abedin Nannu said here on Sunday.
”We will talk with Julian Calefato [physio] tomorrow to take a final decision, but what I understand is that it won’t be possible for him to take part in the T20 series,”‘ he added.
However opener Tamim Iqbal who sustained a muscle strain and missed the second round game of NCL is on the way to recover ahead of the series, Nannu said.
Saifuddin back problem, however, has been recurring and he was forced to take painkillers during the World Cup held in England. Subsequently, he was included in the ODI squad for the tour of Sri Lanka but was ruled out at the last moment due to the recurrence of the injury.
He also was drafted in the squad for the Tri-nation T20I tri-series, involving Zimbabwe and Afghanistan but the injury again kept him away.
The board is however looking at the option of sending Saifuddin to England for biomechanical tests.
- Rogue "Bin Laden" elephant that killed 5 caught in Assam
- Jaya-Prosenjit new journey started with ‘Robibar’
- Take steps to protect cyclone shield Sundarbans: TIB
- Hope’s ton helps West Indies whitewash Afghanistan
- PM to hand over National Film Awards on Dec 8
- Dhaka welcomes Gambia for suing Myanmar
- Greater Sydney faces ‘catastrophic’ bushfire threat
- 128 new dengue patients hospitalised in 24 hrs
- BD U-19 team beat Sri Lanka by 5 wickets
- Bangladesh reaches Indore to play Test series
- Govt working to establish digital one-stop centers: Tajul
- PKSF Development Fair to kick off Thursday in Capital
- Politics not a profession to make money: President
- Wear saree in winter and stay warm
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Student crushed under train in Thakurgaon
- A single bad work can spoil 10 good works: Quader
- Shakib faces loss about crore Tk due to Bulbul
- Imran becomes new Bangladesh HC to India
- Bolivia President Evo Morales resigns
- Gambia files case against Myanmar at UN court
- Lata Mangeshkar admitted to ICU
- 12 injured as two trains collide in Hyderabad
- Laborer killed in road accident
- No Shakib in ICC T20 ranking
- German FM warns Iran over nuclear deal
- Top five in T20I series
- Councillor Rajib placed on 4-day fresh remand
- Police constable killed as human hauler hits motorcycle
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- All News »
- Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- What’s Tahsan doing now?
- Dhaka Int’l Folk Fest 19 registration begins
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ heads towards Bangladesh
- Tahsan’s realize after 7yrs
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- ‘Construction work of Bangabandhu Railway Bridge from 2020’
- Runa Laila to sing on the historic match day of Bangladesh-India
- Monday’s JSC, JDC exams postponed
- Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool to play tonight
- Bijori Barkatullah in title role
- Voter registration for expats starts today
- McDonald’s CEO fired after dating employee
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- Happy Birthday ‘Playback Emperor’
- Sadeque Hossain Khoka passes away
- Gunmen attack Thailand security post, kills 15
- 345 shelter centers open at Noakhali
- Govt prepared to face ‘Bulbul’: Enamur
- Rifat murder: Bail plea of two dropped from hearing list
- Flight operations suspended at 4 airports
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- Ram Mandir to be built in Babri Masjid’s land: Indian SC
- Al-Baghdadi’s sister, five children captured
- Tomorrow’s JSC, JDC exams rescheduled
- Ronaldo’s ‘hairdresser’ stabbed dead in hotel
- Navy Contingents with 10 warships ready to deal with ‘Bulbul’
- MP Moinuddin Khan Badal passes away