Sabbir falls after 111-run stand with Mushfiqur
Published: 10:05 PM, 26 July 2019 Updated: 10:07 PM, 26 July 2019
After losing 4 to 39 Mushfiqur Rahim and Sabbir Rahman (60 off 56) added 111 run in the 5th wicket stand. Sabbir Rahman errs in judgment as he goes for a slog sweep even though there's a man at deep mid-wicket. And it's straight down his throat. Bangladesh lost their 5th wicket to 150.
End of over 30, Bangladesh 161/5. Mushfiqur Rahim 47 and Mosaddek 7 were in the batting.
Regular strikes from Sri Lankan pacers kept Bangladesh under pressure as they lost 4th wicket to 39. After Malinga and Pradeep, Lahiru Kumara strikes to Bangladesh innings in his first over as they are chasing 315 of Sri Lanka.
Malinga, Pradeep dismantle Bangladesh top-order as Bangladesh lost their 3rd wicket to 30. Malinga sent back Soumya Sarkar (15). It was brilliance from the retiring man! Full and swinging, Soumya Sarkar can't negotiate the late movement, and is castled!
Nuan Pradeep got Mohammad Mithun (10) in the previous over. Not a great shot from Mithun as he goes far too across, and then tries to flick a dead straight ball from Pradeep, but misses. Plumb, review lost too.
Lathis Malinga who is playing his last ODI sent back Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal (0) in the 5th ball of the first over in the innings.
It was dipping, nasty yorker from Malinga and comes in very very late from a middle stump line. Tamim's reflexive stride across has him locked, and then it's too late to take it out. It's under his bat and it smashes leg stump. Bangladesh's stand-in captain can barely stand up as this craftsman sneaks it past him.
Earlier, Century from Kusal Perera helped Sri Lanka to post 314 for the loss of 8 wickets in the first ODI against Bangladesh at Colombo today.
After winning the toss Sri Lanka chose to bat. Shafiul Islam dealt an early blow to the hosts when he removed Avishka Fernando for seven.
Avishka went to cut a ball outside the off-stump but just managed an edge to the slip cordon where Soumya Sarkar took the catch.
Sri Lanka lost their second wicket to 107 as the brilliant second-wicket stand between Karunaratne and Perera ends on 97. Karunaratne looked to sweep Miraz after playing a few dots and gets the top edge which Mustafizur takes easily at short fine leg.
At the end of 37th over, Sri Lanka were at 231/2. Angelo Mathews 15 and Lahiru Thirimanne 6 were in the batting.
Bangladesh hit back as Soumya Sarkar and Rubel Hossain struck in consecutive overs. First Soumya sent back centurion Kusal Perera (111 off 99) then Rubel Hossain strike to sent back Kusal Mendis for 43 off 49.
Kusal Perera plays it up in the air to short fine leg and it's Mustafizur Rahman, placed there for that particular shot who takes the catch. The century stands between Mendis and Perera breaks.
A short of a length outside off goes for the cut but looks like he missed it. A mild appeal for caught-behind but the umpire is unmoved. But wait, Kusal Mendis is walking! Bangladesh have pulled it back a bit here with two quick wickets 212/4.
Angelo Mathews and Lahiru Thirimanne added 60 runs in the 5th wicket stand. Mustafizur breaks the stand to bag his first wicket. Thirmanne (25 off 35) went for the pull and is holed out at deep mid-wicket and Sri Lanka lost their 5th wicket to 273.
Shafiul Islam sent back NLTC Perera to grabbed his second wicket. It's fuller around off, Perera looks to go aerial but ends up slicing it towards deep extra cover, Soumya comes in and takes it near knee-height and Sri Lanka lost their 6th wicket to 276.
Mustafizur Rahman bagged his second wicket sending back AD Mathews (48 off 52). It was an outside off fuller length delivery from Mustafizur Rahman and Angelo Mathews tries to hit over long-off but ends up just giving a catch to Sabbir Rahman.
Shafiul Islam grabbed his 3rd wicket sent back DM de Silva (18). He gave only 9 runs in the last over and Sri Lanka ended their innings 314/8 in 50 over.
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Tunisian ex-president Ben Ali dies at 83
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Myanmar should take back Rohingyas: PM
- Another Bangladesh in Kashmir
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Banca Monte: World’s oldest bank still operates
- PM to leave for New York tomorrow
- Passport office gets new DG
- ‘Smart Glass’ will replace Smartphone!
- Siddhirganj murder: Sensational info reveals
- Difficult diseases treatment without certificate
- ‘You’re Killing Me’ Ranveer to Deepika
- Drives carried out on secret info: HM
- Local brands dominate Dhaka Furniture Fair
- NRC will be done countrywide: Amit Shah
- Stitch in Aminul’s hand, uncertain for next match
- Preparations for AL’s next council underway: Quader
- Arms, Drugs and Money Laundering Act files against Khalid
- Jubo League leader Khalid handed over to Gulshan police
- 30 farmers killed in airstrike in eastern Afghanistan
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Water for refreshing face
- India on top of refugee provider list
- Twin baby die drinking milk
- Canadian court allows Bangladesh’s judicial review for Nur Chy’s info
- U-14 Academy Cup final tomorrow
- Netanyahu calls on Gantz to form a unity government together
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- ‘Mayaboti’ to release 22 theaters tomorrow
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- ACC director Yusuf’s wife burnt in fire dies
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal