Sabbir Rahman investigated for assaulting fan
Published: 01:05 PM, 29 December 2017 Updated: 09:43 PM, 3 January 2018
Bangladesh batsman Sabbir Rahman faces possible punishment after he assaulted a fan in the middle of a first-class match in Rajshahi last week.
The incident took place on the second day of Rajshahi Division`s National Cricket League game against Dhaka Metropolis.
According to the reports, during one of the innings breaks, a supporter made a noise directed at Sabbir, Sabbir took permission from the on-field umpires to leave the ground and then went behind the sightscreen and assaulted a young boy.
The matter was first noticed by the match referee, then he reported to the BCB`s cricket operations committee chairman Akram Khan and forwarded it to the board`s disciplinary committee.
According to sources, Sabbir was also acted quite ‘aggressive’ with match referee Showkatur Rahman, when he called him on the third day of the game to investigate the incident.
Sheikh Sohel, the vice-chairman of the disciplinary committee, said that Sabbir would be conducted to heavy punishment if found guilty. In the case of level-4 offenses, penalties include multiple-match bans in addition to a fine of Tk 5 lakh (US$6,000 approx).
It is noted that Sabbir was faced disciplinary action in multiple times before and the most severe case was in 2016 when the BCB fined him Tk 12 lakh (US$14,000 approx) for off-field disciplinary breaches during the Bangladesh Premier League.
Daily Bangladesh /Adnan
- Motorcyclist killed in Sylhet road crash
- College student dies of dengue in Shariatpur
- Griezmann hits two to seal Barca`s first La Liga win
- Floods kill 62 in Sudan
- Today’s sports on TV
- Mexican journalist stabbed to death
- Do aliens really exist?
- Sub-Editor to be recruited in Daily Bangladesh
- Stokes 135* leads England to epic test win
- Watling, Grandhomme put NZ ahead in 2nd Test
- Miraz rates Bangladesh ahead of Afghanistan Test
- Faridpur road crash kills cyclist
- Hilsa abound in sea, very few in rivers
- Man jailed for honey!
- Purnima demands excess payment
- `If Bangabandhu`s killers brought under trial, Zia won`t killed`
- Bermuda Triangle: Mystery Museum on earth
- Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
- Two die as bus hits van in Madaripur
- Truck ramps private car, driver killed
- Bangladesh U-15 outclasses Sri Lanka in 7-1 win
- Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Probe report Sept 16
- Don’t go abroad being deceived by broker: PM
- Yield, market price brings smile on jute growers
- Rain likely across country
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from Kabinnama
- Trump confident on Brexit talks
- NASA to prob ‘first crime’ in space
- Messi to miss Barcelona`s game at Real Betis
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Aghoris: The ‘Black Magicians’!
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PEC exam schedule published
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Rayudu promises IPL return for CSK
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- I am half Sindhi, half Peshawar: Sonam Kapoor
- No bar to publish 9th wage board gazette