SSC exams underway amid tight security
Published: 11:23 AM, 3 February 2020 Updated: 11:56 AM, 3 February 2020
SSC and equivalent examinations started at 9:00 am on Monday which will continue till 1:00 pm with Bangla (compulsory) first paper and simple Bangla first paper subject.
This year, 20,47,779 students from 28884 institutions are participating in the exam from 3512 centers under the nine general education boards and madrasas and technical education boards.
16,35,240 students — male students 7,91,918 and female students 8,43,322 — are participating under the nine general education boards where 2,81,254 students are participating in Dakhil and 1,31,285 students are participating in SSC vocational.
Besides, 3,61,325 irregular candidates and 2,82,594 special candidates are also giving SSC exams with 16,81,688 regular students. And 342 students will participate in the exam in eight centers abroad.
Dhaka Education Board Examination Controller Professor SM Amirul Islam said all measures have been taken to prevent question leak. Students will have to go to the exam center 30 minutes ahead of the exam. Students with disabilities will get an extra 20 minutes.
Also, in a press release on Thursday, the order was issued by the Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP), to ensure proper and peaceful examination, that access to public examination is completely prohibited except the examinees within 200 yards of the exam centers.
The SSC and equivalent examinations was supposed to begin on February 1, but the date was deferred to February 2 due to two city corporation elections in Dhaka. The theory exams of SSC and Technical will end on February 27 and the theory exam of Dakhil will end on March 1. The practical exam will be held from February 29 to March 5.
- 60,000 Gazipur families get 15-day food
- 190 at home quarantine, 12 released
- Free medical campaign by doctor couple in Shariatpur
- Tabligh Jamaat Amir Maulana Saad infected with coronavirus!
- 7 doctors to provide 24-hour online medical service
- Food aid for poor in Rupganj
- Rice selling at Tk 10 starts Sunday
- 24 hrs curfew issued in Mecca-Medina
- News of ‘exempting home rent’ is rumor
- AFC postpones 2027 Asian Cup host selection
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- City turns to ‘ghost’ town!
- UNO donates one-month salary and allowance to poor
- Real Madrid legend Benito passes away
- Child Shara donates tiffin money to poor
- Ban on mask and sanitizer export lifted
- COVID-19 death toll in Spain surges 10,000
- Coronavirus death toll in US crosses 5,113
- PM asks govt officials, employees to use mask
- Bengali drama on Coronavirus issue
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- England plans to return field by early May
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51