SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
Published: 08:26 PM, 18 January 2020 Updated: 08:51 PM, 18 January 2020
The authorities have rescheduled Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and equivalent examinations 2020, which was supposed to start from February 1. But according to the new schedule, the exam will begin on February 3 across the country.
Mohammad Abul Khair, Public Relations Officer of the Ministry of Education confirmed the matter to Daily Bangladesh on Saturday night.
Abul Khair said the date for the SSC and equivalent examinations has been changed. The exam will begin from February 3 according to new schedule. The Education Minister will brief to the media about this at his Hare Road, residence.
A total, 20,47,779 students to sit for the SSC and equivalent examinations this year. All the coaching centers across the country will be closed from January 25 to February 25 for the examination.
Apart from this, all measures have been taken to take the exams in a peaceful environment. The ministry will remain alert to stop question paper leak, so the minister said at a press conference.
He said that under 9 education boards, a total, 20,47,779 students will take part in SSC and equivalent examination. Of them, 10 lakh 22 thousand 336 students and 10 lakh 23 thousand 416 students. It has been decided to close all coaching centers across the country for the smooth SSC and equivalent examinations.
Education Minister said that the number of examinees this year has decreased compared to last year. Last year, the total numbers of examinees were 21, 35, 333. Compared to that, 87, 554 candidates have been reduced.
It was further informed that this year, the total educational institutes have increased by 202 and quote centers by 15. This time, the number of regular examinees are 16, 81,688 and irregular examinees are 3,61,325.
- Police involved in Delhi mosque blaze incident
- Handover book to children, not smartphone: Information Minister
- 15 families confined over fence
- China to send 100,000 ducks to battle Pakistan’s locust plague
- 12 Jamaat-e-Islami activists sent to Jail
- Airport underpass being launched on Bangabandhu’s birthday
- 2 detained with 66kg weed in Natore
- Drug smuggler caught at airport with yaba in stomach
- Perera, Pradeep back in Sri Lanka T20 squad
- College girl on deathbed in torture of ‘Jiner Badshah’
- Youth arrested with 10,000 pc. of yaba
- Drug dealer detained with yaba in Pirojpur
- All from Cox’s Bazar Land Acquisition Branch immediately transferred
- Quota system reformed in Class-XI admission
- 11kg silver seized at Satkhira border
- ‘Shukno Golap’ of Nahid released
- BD in top among hilsa enriched countries
- BD women’s T20 WC ends with two straight defeats
- Take measures to control mosquitoes ahead of rainy season: PM
- Germany suspends cooperation with Myanmar until Rohingya repatriation
- Don’t work without appointment letter: Hasan Mahmud urges journalists
- Power price hike again by Tk 7.13 per unit
- Ways to remove dirk circle under eyes in 10 minutes!
- Bangladesh under pressure losing openers
- 4 brick kilns demolished, fined Tk 14 lakh
- Khaleda’s bail plea rejected
- Garbage stack removed from Habiganj hospital gate
- Mamata Banerjee’s poem amid Delhi violence
- Italy expats urged to stay uppermost alert
- Acid thrown to make Muslims eyeless in Delhi
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Salman Shah`s wishes fulfilled: Samira
- Death toll climbs to 21 in Delhi clashes
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Fire kills 3 incl child in capital’s Eskaton
- Chinese President lauds Sheikh Hasina
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- 112 more die of coronavirus
- Amal Clooney will fight for Rohingya
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test