SME fair kicks off in city on March 16
Published: 06:30 PM, 12 March 2019
A seven-day ‘National Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Fair-2019’ will begin in the city on March 16 with a view to promoting SME products through publicity and expansion of market at the local and international levels.
Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun is expected to inaugurate the fair at the Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC) in the city, said an official of the SME Foundation today.
State Minister for Industries Kamal Ahmed Mojumder will be present at the opening session as special guest, he added. SME Foundation is organising the SME fair for the seventh to introduce SME goods for expanding business, trade and commerce.
The official informed that a total of 280 SME entrepreneurs, including 188 women, will exhibit their products, including jute, agriculture and leather products, electric and electrical items, light engineering products, handicrafts and plastic and synthetic items.
No foreign products will be allowed to be sold in the fair, he added.
He said the SME Foundation will give the “National SME Entrepreneurs Award-2019” at the fair. Each winner will be given Taka 100,000, a trophy and a certificate, the official informed.
“There will be a sellers-buyers meeting booth, media centre and information stall beside the display of SME products and a blood donation programme will also be arranged at the fair venue,” he said, adding that four seminars on the promotion of SME entrepreneurs and SME products will be organised during the fair.
The titles of the seminars are ‘Non-Financial Barriers Facing the SME Women Entrepreneurs’, ‘Relationship Banking for Sustainable Finance: SME Foundation Experience’, ‘Intellectual Property Rights for Growth of SMEs’ and ‘Opportunities of E-Commerce for SMEs in Bangladesh.’
He also informed that SME Foundation is organising SME fair in 23 districts across the country. “Most of the district level fair has been completed. A total of 1,150 entrepreneurs are participating in the regional fairs,” he added.
The districts are Nilphamari, Dinajpur, Rangpur, Gaibandha, Bogra, Pabna, Chapai Nawabganj, Kushtia, Jashore, Khulna, Jamalpur, Mymensingh, Tangil, Kishoreganj, Narsingdi, Faridpur, Barisal, Jhalokati, Sylhet, Moulvibazar, Cumilla, Noakhali and Rangamati.
- Housewife`s body recovered from Chikli River
- Reckless Green Line takes woman`s life
- Bangladesh wins 3 bronze in International Biology Olympiad
- AL will compete in Ershad’s seat
- DU students to stage demo tomorrow
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- How to get HSC result
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc