SME fair kicks off in city on March 16
Published: 06:30 PM, 12 March 2019
A seven-day ‘National Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Fair-2019’ will begin in the city on March 16 with a view to promoting SME products through publicity and expansion of market at the local and international levels.
Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun is expected to inaugurate the fair at the Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC) in the city, said an official of the SME Foundation today.
State Minister for Industries Kamal Ahmed Mojumder will be present at the opening session as special guest, he added. SME Foundation is organising the SME fair for the seventh to introduce SME goods for expanding business, trade and commerce.
The official informed that a total of 280 SME entrepreneurs, including 188 women, will exhibit their products, including jute, agriculture and leather products, electric and electrical items, light engineering products, handicrafts and plastic and synthetic items.
No foreign products will be allowed to be sold in the fair, he added.
He said the SME Foundation will give the “National SME Entrepreneurs Award-2019” at the fair. Each winner will be given Taka 100,000, a trophy and a certificate, the official informed.
“There will be a sellers-buyers meeting booth, media centre and information stall beside the display of SME products and a blood donation programme will also be arranged at the fair venue,” he said, adding that four seminars on the promotion of SME entrepreneurs and SME products will be organised during the fair.
The titles of the seminars are ‘Non-Financial Barriers Facing the SME Women Entrepreneurs’, ‘Relationship Banking for Sustainable Finance: SME Foundation Experience’, ‘Intellectual Property Rights for Growth of SMEs’ and ‘Opportunities of E-Commerce for SMEs in Bangladesh.’
He also informed that SME Foundation is organising SME fair in 23 districts across the country. “Most of the district level fair has been completed. A total of 1,150 entrepreneurs are participating in the regional fairs,” he added.
The districts are Nilphamari, Dinajpur, Rangpur, Gaibandha, Bogra, Pabna, Chapai Nawabganj, Kushtia, Jashore, Khulna, Jamalpur, Mymensingh, Tangil, Kishoreganj, Narsingdi, Faridpur, Barisal, Jhalokati, Sylhet, Moulvibazar, Cumilla, Noakhali and Rangamati.
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- ‘Amar Pita Sheikh Mujib’ festival to be inaugurated tomorrow
- Mueller report: Subpoena issued for unredacted version
- Mirsarai Economic Zone to witness factory operation in July
- Sonagazi AL leader Ruhul held over Nusrat murder
- Team management backs Soumya to regain form in WC
- Three JU students hurt in road crash on campus
- We achieved countrymen`s faith: PM
- Taskin shines after missing out WC selection
- Hasina calls for strengthening Awami League at grassroots
- Two children drown in Noakhali
- Man killed in Jamalpur road crash
- Abahani keep them in the hunt of DPL title
- AL secretariat meeting on Saturday
- 6,746 vacant posts in ministries: Farhad
- Amir misses out on Pakistan`s World Cup squad
- PML-N blamed Imran over Minister`s step down
- Man committed suicide anguished by wife
- Namaz-e-janaza of director Mizan completed in FDC
- India polls `19: Mukesh Ambani Backs Congress
- Dad saved toddler from dingo attack in Australia
- PM receives treatment at Tk 10
- UK Journo shot dead in Derry riot
- 13 killed as church roof collapses in South Africa
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor
- America’s 1st female astronaut candidate dies
- Secondary admission rate low yet: UNFPA
- Cox’s Bazar forests in extinction threat
- Dry weather with partly cloudy sky likely
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Messi rested for United as Barca draws 0-0 at Huesca
- `First` 3D print of heart with human tissue, vessels unveiled
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Water transport workers’ strike detaches Bhola
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Google takes on ‘Africa’s challenges’ in Ghana
- PBI searching 12 people involved in Nusrat murder
- Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
- Three robbers lynched in Feni
- Tofail asks DUCSU leaders to work for all students
- Nation set to celebrate Pahela Baishakh tomorrow
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- 8 killed as bus falls into Joypurhat ditch
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- Nusrat murder: ‘Shampa’ Poppy arrested
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- Jute mill workers go on 96-hour strike
- Messi coming to Dhaka
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- Mild quake jolts Ctg, Bandarban
- Pahela Baishakh being celebrated
- Swecchasebok League leader found dead in Savar
- PM gives job to Nusrat’s brother