SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
Published: 09:58 PM, 19 June 2019
Appellate division’s chamber court upholds the High Court’s ban order on the amended declaration of Ministry of Liberation War Affairs on freedom fighters’ minimum age of 12 years and six months until 30 November 1971.
The court sent the matter to full bench of Appellate Division for hearing. The hearing will be held on 23 July. At present, the High Court order is in force, lawyers said.
Appeal Division Chamber Justice Nuruzzaman passed the order on Wednesday.
Former Attorney ABM Altaf Hossain and Barrister Omar Sadat stood on behalf writ while Attorney General Mahbubey Alam represented the state.
Earlier, High court on May 19, 2019 declared invalid the amended declaration of Ministry of Liberation War Affairs on freedom fighters’ minimum age of 12 years and six months until 30 November 1971. The court said, not just Bangladesh, anywhere in the world the freedom fighters do not obstruct the age frames.
The High Court of Justice Sheikh Hasan Arif and Justice Rajik Al Jalil announced the verdict. Later, the petition was adjourned until the appeal was adjourned.
In 2018, the court imposed rule why the verdict did not declared invalid over freedom fighters minumum age 12 years, till November 30, 1971.
Ministry of Liberation War Affairs, Freedom Fighter, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources Secretary, Finance Secretary, National Freedom Fighters' Council (Jamuka) Director General and Director General of Bangladesh Geological Survey Directorate are asked to respond to this rule.
On January 17, 2018, the minimum age of the freedom fighters was fixed at the age of 13 years for 12 years and six months through a circular issued by the ministry. Later, 15 people of the aggrieved people filed a writ petition in the High Court.
In fact, in the first gazette, in 2016, it is said that till March 26, 1971, the minimum age of the freedom fighters will be 13 years. Then on January 17, through a circular, he amended the gazette and said that till 30 November 1971, the freedom fighters should be 12 years and 6 months old.
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Mosharraf Karim paired with Safa in ‘Dil Daan Kalachan’
- Fish production marks constant rise over last 5 yrs
- What actions taken against police failure; HC asked
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- Temperature may rise over country
- Army ready to tackle flood: Army Chief
- PM flags off ‘Benapole Express’
- No students passed in 41 colleges
- US bans Myanmar army chief over Rohingya ‘ethnic cleansing’
- Death toll climbs to 5 after quake in eastern Indonesia
- Quader’s follow-up checkup after surgery completed
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- DU admission test in new method
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge