Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
Published: 06:12 PM, 21 July 2019 Updated: 06:14 PM, 21 July 2019
The High Court is expected to see what measures the ministry will take against the 50 people accused in the investigation report of the Public Works Ministry on corruption in the residential project of Ruppur Nuclear Power Plant.
In addition, the court will take further action after observing the Public Works Ministry's action against the accused in the next two months.
The High Court Bench comprising Justice Tariqul Hakim and Justice Md. Srowardi made these comments.
Earlier, on July 2, the High Court issued a rule against those involved in corruption in the purchase of furniture at Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant residential project.
The Rule sought to find out why the failure to maintain integrity and transparency of the concerned government officials in buying and lifting furniture would not be declared illegal and illegal.
The court also directed the concerned ministry’s inquiry committee to submit a report to the within the next two weeks.
The court asked the public ministry secretary, science and technology ministry secretary, public officials of Pabna and others to investigate and report on corruption.
Barrister Syed Sayedul Haque Sumon, the writ petitioner of the Supreme Court, sought the direction to form a judicial investigation committee to examine the unusual cost of buying and lifting of all home items from furniture to pillows.
Earlier, on May 16, reports of various media were published regarding irregularities and financial corruption in buying and lifting of all essential items of the Green City housing of Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant project. Later, the lawyer filed a writ petition in the high court seeking a judicial inquiry into the incident.
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna