Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
Published: 01:10 PM, 21 May 2019
On the occasion of the centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman that will be observed next year, the government is taking various programs including many surprises.
As part of that, international players coming to Bangladesh. It was heard that the world’s leading football superstar Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo could be brought to Dhaka. In the end, the rumor turns to true. But not Messi, the Portuguese star Ronaldo will be coming to Dhaka.
On Tuesday, Youth and Sports Ministry Public Relation Officer Kazi Arif Billah confirmed this to Daily Bangladesh.
He said, “A friendly match between Portugal and Italy is scheduled to be held in Dhaka on the occasion of Bangabandhu’s birth centenary. Ronaldo will take part in the match.”
Earlier, the rumors of Lionel Messi coming to Dhaka including Argentina national football team were heard. The matter was reported in a press release from the Foreign Ministry on April 11.
In this regard, a meeting between State Minister Mohammad Shahriar Alam and the new Ambassador of Argentina, Daniel Schubur (Delhi-based) was held.
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- BNP hatching conspiracy to create anarchy: Nasim
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Sugar rise during pregnancy could make childhood obesity
- Laser technique could unlock use of tough material
- Youths to provide jobs instead of looking for employment: Palak
- Evolution of Puppy Dog eyes
- ‘Sinking’ Mughal-era mosque attracts visitors!
- President visits Imam Bukhari (R) mazar
- Atiqul wants to work for children
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- `Please don`t use bad words for players`: Amir to fans
- No charge for client on ‘bKash- Rocket’ balance check
- Fine, if ads on city’s wall, trees!
- Youth ‘kills mother, rapes daughter’
- Mash reluctant to talk about retirement
- Morgan breaks record with six-hitting, England post 397
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Betna River can be crossed walking
- HC orders ‘stern action’ against chemical use in fruits
- Kalyanpur petrol pump fire doused
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- ECNEC approves 11 projects involving Tk 8,052cr
- HM explains posting of Addl SP to Thana as OC
- Massive fire breaks out at Kalyanpur petrol pump
- Trump wants to deport millions US residents
- Give your helping hand for meritorious student`s treatment
- Gold, silver price abated
- GSB discovered ‘Iron ore mine’ in Dinajpur!
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- JS budget session begins today
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20