Rohit-Rahul hits ton as India beat Sri Lanka
Published: 11:07 PM, 6 July 2019 Updated: 11:10 PM, 6 July 2019
Rohit Sharma's record ton and KL Rahul's century helped India to chase down Sri Lanka's 264/7 keeping 7 wickets in hand in the 44th match, ICC Cricket World Cup at Leeds, today.
Chasing the target India gets flying start as Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul hit ton. The attacking batsman put on 189 runs for the opening wicket with KL Rahul to put India well on course to reach their target of 265.
Rohit reached his century off 92 balls with 14 fours and two sixes but was dismissed shortly afterwards, caught by Angelo Mathews off the bowling of Rajitha for 103.
Then skipper Virat Kohli and KL Rahul added 55 runs in the 2nd wicket stand. Rahul sent back by Lathis Malinga to 244/2 scoring 111 off 118. RR Pant ( 4) follow him. But India reached the target with 7 wickets and 39 balls remaining. Virat Kohli remained not out scoring 34 off 41.
Earlier, Angelo Mathews struck a brilliant hundred to help Sri Lanka post a competitive total of 264 for seven in 50 overs against India in Leeds on Saturday.
After winning the toss and opting to bat, Sri Lanka suffered a top-order collapse and were reduced to 55 for four at one stage.
Angelo Mathews and Lahiru Thirimanne then steadied the innings for Sri Lanka and put on 124-run stand for fifth wicket. Thirimanne scored a half-century while Mathews went on to reach the three-figure mark as Sri Lanka posted a fighting total against India.
While this match may not have much of an effect on the points table for Sri Lanka, India are eyeing top spot in the points table.
For India, Jasprit Bumrah was the pick of the bowlers once again as he finished with figures of 3/37 in his 10 overs.
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- We must capitalise on Smith absence: Root
- Modi complains to Boris over occupied Kashmir
- Abahani beat April 25 SC 4-3
- Russell surprised to see so many journalists!
- Two kid drowns in Jashore
- Bangladesh among top 10 fastest growing freelance market
- BIDA to create 24,000 new entrepreneurs in 2 yrs
- GP appoints Jens Becker as new CFO
- Tricks to avoid snatch your bags
- Fourth JS session to begin Sept 8
- Mamata Banerjee makes tea
- Record fires in Brazilian rainforest
- Johnson, Merkel to face off in first Brexit talks
- JS resumes Sept 8
- Myanmar army clashes with rebels leave 30 dead
- 21st Aug attacks by BNP: PM
- One more dies of dengue at DMCH
- Homemade delicious `Fish Meatball`
- Forgiveness: Virtue of prophet character
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PM to induct ‘Gangchil’ tomorrow
- Mahbub Uz Zaman appointed Bangladesh Ambassador to China
- Bangladesh HP beats Sri Lanka
- Convict arrested in Companyganj
- Man killed mother-in-law
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: AG Minister
- Saiful walked 31 days against rumors
- `Pacers need to focus more on fitness`
- 21st Aug: Drive from Bangabandhu Avenue to Sudha Sadan
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future