Rohingya refused to go back
Published: 05:06 PM, 22 August 2019 Updated: 05:09 PM, 22 August 2019
RRRC Commissioner Mohammed Abul Kalam with representatives from Myanmar and China
Commissioner of Refugee, Relief and Repatriation Commission (RRRC) Mohammad Abul Kalam said that the deportation is not possible today because the Rohingya have not agreed. The Rohingya repatriation has been stuck due to the unwillingness of the Rohingya for the second time, despite extensive preparation.
RRRC Commissioner told reporters on Thursday.
Earlier, Bangladesh made extensive preparations for the return of the Rohingya who fled Bangladesh from Myanmar. In addition to keeping Ghumdhum point ready, security is strengthened in the border areas.
Meanwhile, a total of 3 thousand and 540 Rohingyas were granted concessions for repatriation, and interviews of the 245 Rohingya families on the list for deportation were also conducted. Representatives from the UNHCR and the Refugee, Relief, and Repatriation Commissioner visited the Rohingya camp, reported the local sources.
RRRC Commissioner Abul Kalam then said that preparations had been made for the Rohingyas who had taken refuge in Bangladesh on Thursday. Bangladesh is fully prepared for this.
He said that besides keeping the Ghumdhum transit points ready, five buses and 2 trucks will be at the Shalban camp in Teknaf since morning. Security has been strengthened in camps and border areas to secure this process.
In fact, more than 1 million Rohingya are currently taking shelter in Bangladesh. Most of them came to Bangladesh after 25th August to save lives from the brutal operation by Myanmar security forces.
Later, in January 2018, an agreement was reached between Myanmar and Bangladesh in return for the Rohingya who took refuge in Bangladesh after various processes. According to the agreement, Myanmar will take back the Rohingyas every day. The withdrawal is expected to be completed within two years. But not a year went by. Although the first phase of the evacuation was scheduled to begin in November last year, the service was also hampered by the Rohingyas’ reluctance.
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- Bus hits standing truck, kills 4 including SI
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Rain-floods claimed 5 lives in Spain