Robot to combat Coronavirus
Published: 09:21 PM, 27 March 2020
UDV Robots; photo: collected
Coronavirus made the whole world scared. The number of patients is increasing day by day. The hospitals are facing a critical situation. Meanwhile cleaning becomes a very sensitive issue.
The cleaning process deals with more staff and increased risk of hospital staff as well. To disinfect these compromised areas modern countries like China and Italy are now depending on robots.
The Danish company Blue Ocean Robotics has invented UVD Robots that could disinfect hospitals. UVD Robots can disinfect areas with powerful ultraviolet light. The robots also can navigate through rooms, up and down elevators, and perform the disinfection autonomously.
Earlier, the UVC radiation was well accepted and had a good record to inactivate the SARS and MERS Virus.
UVD Robots are now sold over 40 countries that are now using it to combat the Coronavirus.
Claus Risager, CEO of Blue Ocean Robotics said, "UVD is also seeing requests from beyond the hospital and healthcare space, including a prison that was having problems with Covid-19 cases among the prisoner population"
The company is now getting demands for robots to clean office spaces, production floors, retail stores, supermarkets, airports, hotels, and restaurants.
“On the healthcare side, we grew from some countries to many countries, and every customer is asking for more robots,” said Risager. “But all those other market segments are even a much bigger market segment than healthcare.”
- Newborn contracts coronavirus in Chattogram
- Trump signs executive order targeting social media
- Two brothers killed in Naogaon`s truck accident
- 5 doctors tested coronavirus positive in CoMCH
- 26 more contracted coronavirus in Faridpur
- Khulna starts ‘Plasma Therapy’ experimental treatment
- Riyad apologizes to all
- Police recovered hanging body in Khulna
- Take a view of heart disease symptoms to reduce death risk
- No COVID-19 test in BITID for 3 days
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- France further eases lockdown
- World’s oldest man dies at 112
- Another died of COVID-19 in Rangpur
- Chattogram reports 229 more COVID-19 cases
- Bus owners set to meet BRTA-Police today
- Coronavirus death toll tops 362,000
- Sunamganj records 18 fresh COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus: India surpasses China in terms of deaths
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Eight trains to resume from May 31
- Iran reopens borders with Turkey and Iraq
- 7 Afghan security personnel killed in Taliban attack
- Trump planing to sell arms to Saudi again
- COVID-19 recovered journo wants to donate plasma
- 17 more infected in Thakurgaon
- More than 359,000 lose lives by COVID-19 globally
- Gazipur records 61 cases in a day
- Mysterious ‘Jewish Club’ in Dhaka
- All News »
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Shokh herself reveals mystery of 2nd marriage?
- Offices resume from May 31
- 20 die in 24 hrs, 1873 new infected
- Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
- Khashoggi’s sons forgive their father’s killers
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Coronavirus cases in country exceed 30,000
- Saudi among 3 countries announces Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday
- It was a horrible night: Rukmini
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- Power bill deadline extended
- What to do if you miss the Eid prayer
- Statue in the name of Allah-Muhammad (PBUH)
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead