Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
Published: 11:58 AM, 17 May 2019
Ever since Ben Affleck retired as Batman at the beginning of the year, fans have been wondering who would play the next version of the Caped Crusader in the DC Extended Universe.
It was revealed that it would be someone younger than Affleck and that ‘The Batman’ director Matt Reeves was looking for someone well known. Twilight star Robert Pattinson was chosen as the best man for the job with those qualifications.
Word has come in Robert Pattinson will don the cape and cowl next, with a deal set to close shortly. This makes him the seventh actor to play Batman in a live action theatrical movie, and the second youngest actor to ever bring the character to life in his superhero persona, following Christian Bale.
According to Variety, Pattinson has been cast to lead The Batman even as Matt Reeves is still polishing the final draft of the script.
Robert Pattinson is best known for playing Edward Cullen in the five ‘Twilight’ films from 2008 to 2012, and his other notable credits include ‘Queen of the Desert’, ‘Life’ (2015), ‘The Lost City of Z’ and ‘High Life’.
The Batman marks Pattinson’s second upcoming Warner Bros project, as he’s already set to star alongside John David Washington and Elizabeth Debicki in Christopher Nolan’s next film.
It is also known that Nicholas Hoult is still in the running for ‘The Batman’, though Robert Pattinson has the edge on the short list. Given that Hoult had already played Beast in four X-Men movies, it’d be nice if Pattinson gets the opportunity to leave his own mark on the superhero genre.
Although ‘The Batman’ is featuring a younger version of the eponymous protagonist, it will not be an origin story in the vein of Year One.
No specific plot details have been revealed yet, but it’s said to be a noir-driven tale that will highlight Bruce Wayne’s detective skills, which haven’t been explored in-depth in previous Batman movies.
As far as villains go, Matt Reeves has said, “‘The Batman’ will feature a rogue’s gallery, with Penguin, said to be one of the antagonists.”
Beyond that, we’ll have to wait and see what kind of stamp Matt Reeves and Robert Pattinson put on this 80-year-old character that distinguishes him from past iterations. Production is reportedly scheduled to begin either towards the end of the year or in early 2020 in London.
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- BNP hatching conspiracy to create anarchy: Nasim
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Sugar rise during pregnancy could make childhood obesity
- Laser technique could unlock use of tough material
- Youths to provide jobs instead of looking for employment: Palak
- Evolution of Puppy Dog eyes
- ‘Sinking’ Mughal-era mosque attracts visitors!
- President visits Imam Bukhari (R) mazar
- Atiqul wants to work for children
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- `Please don`t use bad words for players`: Amir to fans
- No charge for client on ‘bKash- Rocket’ balance check
- Fine, if ads on city’s wall, trees!
- Youth ‘kills mother, rapes daughter’
- Mash reluctant to talk about retirement
- Morgan breaks record with six-hitting, England post 397
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Betna River can be crossed walking
- HC orders ‘stern action’ against chemical use in fruits
- Kalyanpur petrol pump fire doused
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- ECNEC approves 11 projects involving Tk 8,052cr
- HM explains posting of Addl SP to Thana as OC
- Massive fire breaks out at Kalyanpur petrol pump
- Trump wants to deport millions US residents
- Give your helping hand for meritorious student`s treatment
- Gold, silver price abated
- GSB discovered ‘Iron ore mine’ in Dinajpur!
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- JS budget session begins today
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20