Robbers strangle schoolboy to death, loot house in Jhenidah
Published: 09:46 AM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 09:46 AM, 29 November 2018
Robbers strangled a schoolboy to death and looted cash and ornaments from a house at Hamdah area in the district town on Wednesday afternoon.
The victim Samiul Alam, is a class-VI student and son of former Union Parishad Chairman Alamgir Hossain of the area.
Robbers entered the house in the afternoon while Samiul was staying at the house, said Kanak Kumar Das, additional police superintendent of Jhenidah Sadar Circle Police.
Later, the culprits suffocated Samiul to death as he tried to shout for help while the robbers were decamping booty of the house.
On information, police recovered the body from the house and sent it to Jhenidah Sadar Police Station for an autopsy, Kanak Kumar Das added.
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- How you can identify ‘Appendix’ pain!
- Salah donates Tk 25 cr for cancer institute
- Suarez joins Messi on Barca treatment table
- Drug dealer held in Mathbaria
- Schools adorned with national flag painting
- Poet Shamsur Rahman’s 13th death anniv today
- Today`s sports on TV
- India’s unilateral decision is not valid: China in UNSC
- Two suspected robbers lynched in Pabna
- Return hajj flights start today
- Indian FM to Dhaka on Monday
- 4 killed in bus-private car collision
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Global stocks choppy amid angst over trade war, bond yields
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC