Beyond nomination fight
Rizvi hopes BNP men to work united
Published: 05:03 PM, 8 December 2018 Updated: 05:03 PM, 8 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Though the supporters of their some 'nomination deprived' aspirants are expressing anger, BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi on Saturday said party leaders and activists will work together for the candidates of 'Sheaf of Paddy'
“There're some reactions among the party leaders and activists over the nominations. There's nothing new. Those who have finally been picked as candidates are very popular and have close relations with the people of their respective areas,” he said.
Speaking at a press conference at BNP's Nayapaltan central office, Rizvi further said, “Our leaders and activists are with the candidates who are getting the Sheaf of Paddy, and will remain so in the days to come.”
Earlier in the morning, the supporters of BNP international affairs secretary ANM Ehsanul Haque Milon staged demonstration in front of the party's central office as he was not given the final nomination from Chandpur-1 seat.
At one stage, they also locked into a fight at the main gate of the BNP office registering their protest against depriving Milon of the party ticket.
They also talked to Rizvi and expressed their anger as party leader Mosharraf Hossain was made the candidate for Chandpur-1 instead of Milon, now in jail.
On Friday night, BNP's late secretary general Khandaker Dewar Hossain's son Abdul Hamid Dablu along with his supporters demonstrated in front of BNP chairperson's Gulshan office as SA Jinnah Kabir was given party nomination from Manikganj-1 depriving him.
At the press conference, Rizvi hoped that their chairperson's nomination will be announced valid by the Election Commission (EC) after the appeal hearing.
He alleged that the returning officers unlawfully canceled the three nominations of their chairpersons as part of a government's 'plot'.
“We urge the Election Commission to ensure justice for Khaleda Zia. She'll surely get back her candidature if the EC take the fair decision following the Constitution and laws,” the BNP leader said.
He also called upon the Commission to take steps for ensuring a level playing field and stopping the arrest of opposition leaders and activists.
- Best exercise for your heart
- Truck carrying aid crosses border: OPPO MP
- Golden jubilee of Bangabandhu title observed
- Palestinians’ pray in long-closed part of Al-Aqsa
- Toxic liquor death stood 102 in Assam
- Sanai’s wedding tunes with ex-Minister
- Venezuela soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- PM releases stamp on Bangabandhu title’s golden jubilee
- Fire guilty should be trialed: GM Quader
- Chemical found! Dail 9556014
- Scout for free from militant, drugs: AG Minister
- Snow to strike Britain again freeze!
- Chemical godowns shift starts
- Tobacco use Loss over Tk 30,000 cr per yr
- Our fight is for Kashmir, Not against Kashmiris: Modi
- Vidya on banning Pakistani artistes in India
- 300 vehicles on fire near Bengaluru Air Show
- Mithila again in love!
- Savings Week 2019 begins in Rajshahi
- John Keats recall; Physician to Poet
- Mendis, Fernando carry Sri Lanka to historic win
- Cleanliness crush program in RMCH
- BCL declers Shovon-Rabbani pannel
- Marshall Islands consider radical measures
- NASA’s new DNA for alien search
- Salman Shah`s death report submission date deferred again
- Guaido defies travel ban
- AL nomination meeting today
- Assam toxic liquor death toll mounts to 84
- Mola in ponds improves others` nutritional quality
- All News »
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire