Beyond nomination fight
Rizvi hopes BNP men to work united
Published: 05:03 PM, 8 December 2018 Updated: 05:03 PM, 8 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Though the supporters of their some 'nomination deprived' aspirants are expressing anger, BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi on Saturday said party leaders and activists will work together for the candidates of 'Sheaf of Paddy'
“There're some reactions among the party leaders and activists over the nominations. There's nothing new. Those who have finally been picked as candidates are very popular and have close relations with the people of their respective areas,” he said.
Speaking at a press conference at BNP's Nayapaltan central office, Rizvi further said, “Our leaders and activists are with the candidates who are getting the Sheaf of Paddy, and will remain so in the days to come.”
Earlier in the morning, the supporters of BNP international affairs secretary ANM Ehsanul Haque Milon staged demonstration in front of the party's central office as he was not given the final nomination from Chandpur-1 seat.
At one stage, they also locked into a fight at the main gate of the BNP office registering their protest against depriving Milon of the party ticket.
They also talked to Rizvi and expressed their anger as party leader Mosharraf Hossain was made the candidate for Chandpur-1 instead of Milon, now in jail.
On Friday night, BNP's late secretary general Khandaker Dewar Hossain's son Abdul Hamid Dablu along with his supporters demonstrated in front of BNP chairperson's Gulshan office as SA Jinnah Kabir was given party nomination from Manikganj-1 depriving him.
At the press conference, Rizvi hoped that their chairperson's nomination will be announced valid by the Election Commission (EC) after the appeal hearing.
He alleged that the returning officers unlawfully canceled the three nominations of their chairpersons as part of a government's 'plot'.
“We urge the Election Commission to ensure justice for Khaleda Zia. She'll surely get back her candidature if the EC take the fair decision following the Constitution and laws,” the BNP leader said.
He also called upon the Commission to take steps for ensuring a level playing field and stopping the arrest of opposition leaders and activists.
- BB enhances usance period for raw materials import
- India’s EC rejects ballot tampering allegation
- US to legalize human composting
- Double duty to deject rice import
- HC for installation of fire extinguishers in all motor vehicles
- PM instructed to probe ‘fire in paddy field’
- Mashrafe leaves Dhaka to join team in England
- Shemai maker busy before Eid in Dinajpur
- Shakib reclaims top spot in ODI all-rounder rankings
- Bengal tiger number rises in Sundarbans
- Pakistani children worst affected in HIV outbreak
- Du’a of Intent to Fast and Breaking it
- `Papaya Juice` in Iftar
- UN to honor 12 Bangladeshi peacekeepers
- HC expressed anger over Greenline’s apathy
- Six dead in Indonesia post-election unrest
- Highest power generation recorded
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Two killed in bus-pick-up van collision
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- Mango that’s length 1 foot, weight 5 kg
- Cattle trader occupied railway land
- BRTC’s AC bus on Dhaka-N’ganj route launched
- Rainfall activity may increase
- Boutique houses passing busy time ahead of Eid
- Selena Gomez to marry 68-year-old Bill Murray
- Tickets for 12 trains being sold at Kamalapur
- Today’s sports on TV
- Rain brings relief to Dhaka city dwellers
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader returns home this evening
- Quader to join his office today
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- President reaches London
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- Today’s sports on TV
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina prayed like mother: Quader
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Saudi Arabia to provide PR green card