Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
Published: 01:22 PM, 19 July 2019 Updated: 05:13 PM, 19 July 2019
A Borguna court passed a five-days remand on the No.3 accused in the Rifat murder case, Rashidul Hasan Rishan alias Rishan Farazi.
Barguna Senior Judicial Magistrate Court Judge Md. Sirajul Islam Gazi granted the remand on Friday morning.
Earlier, to the court this morning, Police produced Rishan Farazi arrested on Thursday morning, and asked for a seven-day remand. After the hearing, the court granted Rishan Farazi’s five-day remand. Rishan is known as the close companion of Nayan Bond, the main culprit of the murder.
Regarding the matter, Barguna Sadar Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC), Humayun Kabir also the investigation officer of Rifat murder case, said that after producing Rishan Farazi in the court, police filed a seven-day remand application for interrogation. After the hearing, the court granted Rishan Fazazi for five-day remand.
Meanwhile, Police have arrested 16 accused in the Rifat murder case. 10 of them gave the confessional statement of their involvement in the killing of Rifat. In the case, more three accused are in remand along with Rifat's wife Ayesha Siddika Minni.
Rishan was arrested after the operation under the leadership of Barguna Sadar Circle Additional Superintendent of Police Shahjahan Hossain at 10am on Thursday.
On June 26 at around 10am, Rifat Sharif was stabbed severely before his wife Ayesha Siddika Minni in front of the main gate of Barguna Government College. Rifat died at 4pm on the sane day at Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital in Barisal.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future