Rifat’s body on way to Barguna
Published: 06:12 PM, 27 June 2019 Updated: 06:20 PM, 27 June 2019
Friends and relatives have left Barishal to Barguna with Rifat Sharif’s body who was murdered in front of his wife in broad daylight in Barguna.
On Thursday, the freezing ambulance left from Sher-E-Bangla Medical College Hospital to Rifat’s village home.
During this, Rifat's friend Manjurul Alam Jon was with the body. “After showing the body to Rifat’s relatives, friends and locals, burial would be done after namaz-e-janaza,” he informed.
“There are three big wounds in the neck, head, chest on Rifat. He died due to excessive bleeding for cutting in throat’s veins. There are a total of seven to eight large wounds in the body. Rifat died due to bleeding from these wounds,” said Jamil Hossain, Assistant Professor of Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital’s Surgery Department.
Earlier, Rifat’s father-in-law Mozammel Hossain came under critics while bringing the body from the hospital. During this, Rifat’s friends chased him away.
Witnesses said that journalists surrounded Mojammel Hossain when he came to the hospital. During this, he said that the killers were not identified with his daughter. They used to harass Minny. “Son-in-law was murdered because he was protesting against the incident.” During this, Rifat’s friends called Mojammel Hossain as a liar. Then they chased him away.
Rifat was hacked to death by Nayan Bond and his associates in front of Barguna Government College on Wednesday morning. Rifat was first brought to Barguna Sadar Hospital and later to Barisal Sher-E Bangla Medical College Hospital. There he died in the afternoon. CCTV footage of the murder went viral on Facebook. The police arrested one person in this incident.
- PM to inaugurate `Gangchil` on Thursday
- Empty classrooms as some schools re-open in Kashmir
- Easy loan for idea innovators
- Peya Bipasha in new film
- Huawei gets 90 more days
- Man commits suicide after being raped in Gazipur
- Aklima`s husband & father-in-law dies
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Indian foreign minister Jaishankar in Dhaka
- Dolphins goes extinct day by day
- BFF set to start world cup practice on Friday
- 5% VAT on ride-sharing companies
- Easy ways to clean the stomach
- Death toll crossed thousand in India
- BNP to complain to UN losing country`s support
- Sujon: New Star of Dhallywood!
- Eight grader raped by principal
- `Allah’r Dal` targets fired Pilkhana men
- 20 killed after fuel tanker explosion in Uganda
- Coast fishermen waiting for fish
- Chatku Ahmed losing eyesight!
- I want interactions with everyone: PM
- A new milestone for Purnima
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Magical use of Ghee for skin & hair
- ‘Mongla Port Authority Act’ draft approves
- HC seeks SP’s remarks over Minni’s confession
- T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
- Man dies of dengue in Mymensingh
- Vegetable vendor dies of dengue in Khulna
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change