Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
HC denies to stop remand
Published: 05:50 PM, 18 July 2019 Updated: 08:53 PM, 18 July 2019
Minni, wife of murdered Rifat has confessed her involvement in the assassination of her husband Rifat Sharif, told Borguna SP Maruf Hossain to the press this morning. Meanwhile, the High Court did not issue any order in the context of the application to cancel the remand of Minni. Police also arrested Rishan Farzie, the number three accused in the case.
Sources informed, in the country’s most widely discussed issue, Borguna SP Maruf Hossain disclosed this information to the press at around 11 am this morning.
In the press briefing, Barguna Superintendent of Police Maruf Hossain said “Mininn had already been in touch with those who involved in the killing of Rifat and she took part in the planning of the killing.”
Earlier, Barguna SP Md. Maruf Hossain said at a press conference on Tuesday night that police arrested Minni in the case as she was initially suspected of involvement in the killings in interrogation. Asked whether she will be remanded, SP said that a remand will be sought against her for the sake of proper investigation of the case.
SP Maruf Hossain said that Minni was the first witness of the Rifat Sharif murder case. Her statement was recorded and she was brought to Barguna Police Line on Tuesday for questioning. It seems to us that she is involved in this incident after interrogation. That is why she was shown arrested in this case.
Due to the arrest of Maini, as the main accused in the case, the SP said that the information received from the long interrogation and other sources was found to be involved in the murder. So she was shown arrested.
“She is directly involved in the killings” saying that, SP Maruf Hossain said, “The killing took place due to personal reasons and rage. Rifat's wife Minnni is directly involved with the assassination. So she was arrested for this.”
Meanwhile, a lawyer, appearing for the High Court to cancel the 5-day remand of Minni. On the day of the hearing, it was also mentioned in the court that there was no lawyer for Minni. However, the High Court did not issue any order.
On 26th, Rifat Sharif was stabbed severely in front of the main gate of Barguna Government College before his wife Minni, at around 10am. He died at Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital in Barisal at around 4pm on the same day.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future