Reza Kibria gets back candidature
Published: 05:40 PM, 7 December 2018 Updated: 05:40 PM, 7 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Gano Forum aspirant Dr Reza Kibria on Friday got back his candidature for Habiganj-1 constituency as the Election Commission declared his nomination paper valid after hearing.
Reza Kibira, also the son of former Finance Minister Shah AMS Kibria, filed his nomination paper to run the 11th parliamentary elections slated for December 30 from the parliamentary seat.
But, the returning officer had turned down his nomination paper for credit card default during scrutiny.
On Tuesday, the Gano Forum contestant filed a petition with the EC challenging the decision of the returning officer.
The EC, the appellate body, on Friday afternoon heard his petition and declared him as a valid candidate.
Since Gano Forum is a component of BNP-led Jatiya Oikyafront, Reza Kibria is going to contest the polls with the 'Sheaf of Paddy' symbol from Habiganj-1 parliamentary seat.
As per the election office, Reza did not pay Tk 5,500 withdrawn against a credit card of City Bank Ltd.
After the rejection of his nomination paper, Reza Kibria said he could not pay the credit card bill in time as he had been in abroad for long. But he had already paid it.
- Best exercise for your heart
- Truck carrying aid crosses border: OPPO MP
- Golden jubilee of Bangabandhu title observed
- Palestinians’ pray in long-closed part of Al-Aqsa
- Toxic liquor death stood 102 in Assam
- Sanai’s wedding tunes with ex-Minister
- Venezuela soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- PM releases stamp on Bangabandhu title’s golden jubilee
- Fire guilty should be trialed: GM Quader
- Chemical found! Dail 9556014
- Scout for free from militant, drugs: AG Minister
- Snow to strike Britain again freeze!
- Chemical godowns shift starts
- Tobacco use Loss over Tk 30,000 cr per yr
- Our fight is for Kashmir, Not against Kashmiris: Modi
- Vidya on banning Pakistani artistes in India
- 300 vehicles on fire near Bengaluru Air Show
- Mithila again in love!
- Savings Week 2019 begins in Rajshahi
- John Keats recall; Physician to Poet
- Mendis, Fernando carry Sri Lanka to historic win
- Cleanliness crush program in RMCH
- BCL declers Shovon-Rabbani pannel
- Marshall Islands consider radical measures
- NASA’s new DNA for alien search
- Salman Shah`s death report submission date deferred again
- Guaido defies travel ban
- AL nomination meeting today
- Assam toxic liquor death toll mounts to 84
- Mola in ponds improves others` nutritional quality
- All News »
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire