Reza Kibria gets back candidature
Published: 05:40 PM, 7 December 2018 Updated: 05:40 PM, 7 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Gano Forum aspirant Dr Reza Kibria on Friday got back his candidature for Habiganj-1 constituency as the Election Commission declared his nomination paper valid after hearing.
Reza Kibira, also the son of former Finance Minister Shah AMS Kibria, filed his nomination paper to run the 11th parliamentary elections slated for December 30 from the parliamentary seat.
But, the returning officer had turned down his nomination paper for credit card default during scrutiny.
On Tuesday, the Gano Forum contestant filed a petition with the EC challenging the decision of the returning officer.
The EC, the appellate body, on Friday afternoon heard his petition and declared him as a valid candidate.
Since Gano Forum is a component of BNP-led Jatiya Oikyafront, Reza Kibria is going to contest the polls with the 'Sheaf of Paddy' symbol from Habiganj-1 parliamentary seat.
As per the election office, Reza did not pay Tk 5,500 withdrawn against a credit card of City Bank Ltd.
After the rejection of his nomination paper, Reza Kibria said he could not pay the credit card bill in time as he had been in abroad for long. But he had already paid it.
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Pickup claims 3 worker lives
- Renu lynching: Prime accused arrested
- Chelsea beat Barcelona in Japan friendly
- Hajj Health Tips
- DU students protest continues for 3rd Day
- Airbus’ new concept: ‘Bird of prey’ plane
- Ill race of making bridges
- S Korea’s warning shot at Russ army jet
- Malinga set to retire after 1st Bangladesh ODI
- Mithun, Mushfiqur star as Bangladesh win warm-up
- Quader orders to repair flood-hit roads before Eid
- Blackout forced 4m Venezuelan to leave country
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Boris Johnson to be next UK PM
- Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- Habits that extremely harmful for liver
- Rain likely to increase, temperature may fall
- Advance train tickets to be sold at 5 spots
- Fire breaks out at CMCH Psychiatry department
- 25 schoolgirls fall sick from laughing too much
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- How to get HSC result
- Minni sent to jail
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Humanity for animal !