Reshuffle in cabinet
Published: 03:04 PM, 3 January 2018 Updated: 09:28 PM, 3 January 2018
The government has brought changes in cabinet to increase government mobility and administrative action, Cabinet Secretary Mohammad Shafiul Alam said at a press briefing at noon.
Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Rashed Khan Menon has been made Social Welfare Minister. AQM Shahjahan Kamal has been made the Aviation Minister minister.
Water Resources Minister Anisul Islam Mahmud has been made Minister of Environment and Forests. Environment and Forest Minister Anwar Hossain Manju was made Water Resources Minister.
Kazi Keramat Ali, who was sworn in as the new State Minister, was given Minister of Technical and Madrasa Department of Education Ministry. State Minister for Post and Telecommunications Tarana Halim has been made the Information Minister.
Narayon Chandra was made full minister from State Minister for Fisheries and Livestock.
Besides, AKM Shahjahan Kamal, an MP from Laxmipur-3 constituency, was given the charge of Civil Aviation and Tourism Ministry while IT expert Mustafa Jabbar was made Posts, Telecommunications and Information and Technology Minister.
Besides, Rajbari-1 MP Kazi Keramat Ali, who was sworn in as a state minister on Tuesday, was given the responsibility of Technical and Madrasha Education Division.
Meanwhile, Nuruzzaman Ahmed was made state minister for Social Welfare Ministry.
- Merkel visits Auschwitz for first time
- No change in post of AL president in next council: Quader
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Rebels kill 17 in eastern Congo
- Shakhawat, Rokeya win silver in SAG weightlifting
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Myanmar Navy handed over 17 Bangladeshi fishermen
- Saudi Aramco raises $25.6 billion in biggest-ever IPO
- Cosmos Dialogue on Bangladesh-Canada trade tomorrow
- Gas supply to stay shut in Farmgate, Shukrabad tomorrow
- Radish’s ‘Jafrani kabab’
- Minister laid Press Club building foundation stone in Kaliakair
- ‘No one will be exempted involving corruption’
- Bogura Zilla Awami League council tomorrow
- BNP’s behaviour in court unpardonable: Quader
- RAB detained 3 members of snatcher cycle
- Bangladeshi archers shine on opening day
- Modi, Pranab, Sonia to join Bangabandhu`s birth centenary
- Agriculture Minister inaugurates ‘Krisoker Bazar’
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Pancake without eggs!
- Language movement-liberation war’s colorful paintings on wall
- Child body recover from pond
- Giant ‘Tiger Shark’ caught in Chattogram
- ACC detained 2 civil aviation officials
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- 23 kidnapped from Mexican rehab clinic
- Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
- New South Wales bushfires condition worsen
- Hemayet 5th World Carrom rankings
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Flower blooms with Azan