Reps of Bangladesh will also present in Hague
Published: 09:59 AM, 8 December 2019 Updated: 10:32 AM, 8 December 2019
International Judicial Court
An expert team from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on behalf of Bangladesh, several concerned experts, including human rights activists are going to be attended at the hearing of the Rohingya genocide case which is to be begun on Tuesday. Although Bangladesh is not a part of the case, the delegates are preparing very well, informed Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen.
ON Thursday evening, the minister said a delegation led by Foreign Ministry Secretary Masud bin Momen was heading to the Netherlands to attend the Rohingya massacre case. He added that several human rights activists will be there.
The West African country the Gambia filed a case in the International Judicial Court on November 11. The lawsuit alleges that Myanmar committed 'genocidal acts' to destroy the Rohingya as a group through massacre, rape and community destruction.
A hearing has been set from December 10 to December 12 to hear the Gambia’s lawsuit.
The Gambia will hold the first hearing on December 10. Myanmar will hold a hearing on December 11 in the second phase.
Myanmar's ruling party leader Aung San Suu Kyi is due to visit The Hague in the Netherlands on December 10, confirmed senior leader of the National League for Democracy (NLD), Mio Nyant. Suu Kyi will fight for her country after hearing a case filed by the African country Gambia against Myanmar in the International Criminal Court last November on charges of genocide, torture, and rape on Rohingya.
Foreign Ministry sources said that Professor of International Relations Department of Dhaka University (DU) and Director of the Center for Genocide Studies Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed and Trustee of Bangladesh Liberation War Museum Mofidul Haque will also be present in the International Judicial Court in The Hague.
Both have collected several research and data over the past two years on the Rohingya issue, which they will appear if the International Court of Justice wants.
- Verdict in CPB rally bomb attack case tomorrow
- Deadly virus’ outbreak in China, HSIA in high alert
- 60 Yemeni soldiers killed in Houthi missile attack
- Rohingya drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Man commits suicide killing 4 in Maulvibazar
- Bone-shaking winter again!
- 7 devotees die at 2nd phase Ijtema
- Today’s Sports on TV
- 2nd Phase Akheri Munajat today
- President asks NDC graduates to uphold forces image
- Kathbirali releases in Switzerland
- Traditional horse race in Madhupur
- US military dispatches over 70 trucks to Syria
- Woman crushed under train in Gopalganj
- Farmers worried of Boro cultivation
- Students to bear computers instead of books
- 10 pairs of marriage arranged Saturday at Ijtema
- World`s shortest mand dies
- Bangladesh starts U-19s WC with win
- Wedelia can cure hair loss forever!
- 2 detained with yaba in Brahmanbaria
- Father killed 40 days innocent girl dropping into water
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- 7 snatcher detained in capital
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Child wounded by outsider’s pelting in running train
- Now Trump attacks Khamenei
- Unidentified man found dead in Kaliganj
- Siblings drowned in Barishal
- Soroj Mehedi becomes brand ambassador of TRIOGM
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- British diplomat arrested in Iran
- Magnitude 5.9 jolts quake-stunned Puerto Rico again
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Obscure’s Prince dies
- PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- 12 devotees die during 1st phase of Ijtema
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Queen, Prince Harry to hold talks over Sussexes’ future
- Protests in Iran demanding Khamenei`s resignation
- DU expels 63 students for life
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away