Report of Salman Shah murder case on Feb 18
Published: 11:59 AM, 19 December 2018 Updated: 11:59 AM, 19 December 2018
The Court has fixed February 18 for the submission of the investigation report of ‘Suicide’ of Bangla film icon Salman Shah.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Masudur Rahman fixed the date for submission of this report on Tuesday.
Although the day was fixed for submitting the investigation report in the case, the police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) could not submit it. Therefore, the court fixed the day after the submission of the report.
According to the court sources, on September 6, 1996, Salman Shah’s body was recovered from his own house at Eskaton Road in the capital. In the case of Salman’s death, his father, Kamaruddin Ahmed Chowdhury, filed an obituary case.
Later on July 24, 1997, the obituary case converts into murder case, in which it was stated that Salman Shah was killed. The court ordered the CID to investigate the incident of the murder case.
After the investigation, on November 3, 1997, the CID submitted a final report to the court. There, Salman’s death was mentioned as suicide.
Later, the CID’s report was rejected and filed a revision, on May 19, 2003 the court sent the case to the judicial investigation. For a long time, the case was under judicial investigation.
On August 3, 2014, Metropolitan Magistrate Emdadul Haque submitted a judicial inquiry report to the CMM Court of Dhaka, Bikash Kumar Saha.
This report also referred to Salman’s death as suicide. Salman Shah’s mother Neela Chowdhury rejected the judicial inquiry report on December 21, 2014.
Metropolitan Magistrate, Jahangir Hossain, on 10 February 2015, filed an appeal against the judicial inquiry report. It was mentioned in the petition that 11 people including Aziz Mohammad may involve in the Salman Shah murder. The court gave the order to the Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) order to further investigate the matter.
Again, against the order to investigate the case RAB, on April 19, 2016, a revision was filed on the Metropolitan Sessions Judge’s Court.
On August 21 that year, the judge of Special Judge’s Court-6, Imrul Kayes granted the application for revision and ordered RAB not to do any further investigate the case.
On December 7, last year, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Laskar Sohel Rana ordered the PBI to re-investigate the case. Currently the case is under PBI.
- Former SCC mayor Kamran tests positive for COVID-19
- Natore reports three new COVID-19 patients
- Dr. Nahid brought to Suhrawardy Hospital
- 29 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Fiji declares itself Coronavirus-free
- Foreign currency reserve, annual remittances hit record highs
- Qatar completes third World Cup stadium
- Coronavirus is ‘weakening’, now claims US doctors
- Govt to recruit 3,000 medical technologists-technicians
- COVID-19 cases reached 1281 in Cumilla
- Youths in country mostly infected with coronavirus
- Electrician dies falling from under-construction building
- 123 officials get promoted as joint secretaries
- Don Dawood Ibrahim and his wife infected with COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Cox’s Bazar declared as country’s first ‘red zone’
- Bank official among 3 of a family hacked in Pabna, bodies found 3 days later
- ‘Environment care would have made easier to combat virus’
- Shechwashebak League leader killed in Bogura
- Gazipur coronavirus cases surpass 1,500
- New routine for secondary classes on TV released
- Four families placed under lockdown in Brahmanbaria
- 3 killed, 7 injured in knife attack at China supermarket
- Tea seller anxious despite his son gets GPA-5
- Consumers suffering in ‘spooky electricity bills’
- India breaks all records of COVID-19 cases in a day
- Sherpur reports six new coronavirus infected cases
- Schoolboy`s body found in pond
- Charging extra fare is breach of promise: Quader
- 5 day labourers missing as boat capsize in Padma
- Coronavirus death toll exceeds 800 in country
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- 2,423 new infected, 35 die in 24 hours
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register